Knockout knock-down furniture at IWF
The WoodLINKS USA competition is sponsored by WoodLINKS and IWF and focuses on ready-to-assemble (RTA), or knock-down, furniture. WoodLINKS USA is an organization that partners with the wood manufacturing industry to help high-school and secondary-school students learn skills that will help them get jobs in the industry. The ultimate goal, according to the organization, “is to provide our wood industry with the necessary skilled workers to remain competitive at the entry and middle management levels, and help to build and maintain a strong, skilled workforce so that U.S. manufacturers can remain competitive in today’s challenging economic environment.”
Here are the winners:
- 1st place: Rolla Technical Institute (Missouri); Robert Studdard (teacher), Zach Ludden, Nikki Look, Lucas Shelton
- 2nd place: Dale Jackson Career Center (Texas); Conner Goodson, Jonathan Hamilton, Josh Stone, Parker Squires
- 3rd place: Quinter High School (Kansas); Brian Roesch (teacher), Kamron Broeckelman, Colton Corwin, Jesse Roesch
- 4th place: Southern Virginia Higher Education Center; Clint Johnson (teacher), Jared Owen, Dustin Meadors, Shonque’l Betts
- 5th place: Dale Jackson Career Center (Texas); Stasislav Karmalyuk, Daniela Karmalyuk, Matt Domagala, Chase Eller
First place in the WoodLINKS USA RTA competition. From left to right: Zach Ludden, Nikki Look, and Lucas Shelton with their Travolo di Stiles table.
The third place guys were all smiles. From left: Colton Corwin, Jesse Roesch, Kamron Broeckelman
Kamron and Colton show off their assembled RTA chest.