This February experience the joy of hands-on learning with master classes in craft at the Florida School of Woodwork. Fine Woodworking’s HANDS ON is a unique opportunity to expand your skills through personalized instruction from a diverse group of experts in an intimate setting.
Over the course of the weekend you’ll discover new techniques and skills:
• Learn different ways to form wood
• Refine your designs with innovative tips and tricks
• Add turned elements to your furniture
• Try new and traditional carving techniques
• Build a wooden handplane, and then learn how to use it
• Unleash your creativity by making your own custom bandsawn box
BONUS: Add a 6-day Apprenticeship with Michael Fortune and Kelly Parker from February 4 – 9.
Learn more by clicking here. Use coupon code FWW10 for a 10% discount.
Choose your own path to mastery from our experts:
Jennifer Anderson • Dixie Biggs • Michael Cullen • Dave Fisher • Michael Fortune • Peter Galbert • Mary May • Kelly Parker
• Choose one class topic and dive in to three days of intensive skill-building
• Make new connections with social time between and after classes
• Plus, taste a variety of regional flavors with local food trucks and a nearby brewery
The Florida School of Woodwork offers year-round classes for all levels of woodworking, carving and turning. Directed by Kate Swann, an accomplished studio furniture maker and artist, the school is dedicated to bringing woodworking to the modern public through a variety of different classes.
School of Woodwork’s specialty is introducing complete beginners to the world of woodworking and advancing practitioners to studio-level artisans. You’ll find serious, weeklong intensive courses as well as fun afternoon sessions designed to inspire.
Some of the most popular classes include:
- Beginning Woodworking and Intermediate Woodworking
- Essential Handtools and Joinery Skills
- Learn and Refine Carving Skills
The School attracts a who’s who of woodworking instructors from all over the country who share their specialties. The school is also hosting the first Women in Turning Event in 2019.
The School itself is located in a charming, revitalized section of Tampa in a newly renovated industrial building from the 1920s. The school is spacious and bright, with a creative vibe that bolsters community spirit and camaraderie.
It’s a unique environment to learn in, and a great neighborhood to visit with a spouse or entire family. Just a quarter mile from the beginning of Tampa’s Riverwalk, you’re steps away from Tampa’s museums, parks and some of the hippest spots to eat and drink. In fact, the School of Woodwork partners with a craft beer business just around the corner.
Just a mile North of Downtown Tampa, the city’s growing skyline is a great backdrop for your weekend’s visit and a nice walk down the waterfront to get there.
For more than 40 years Fine Woodworking has been the leading source of how-to information that inspires passionate woodworkers to do their best work. We source our information from experienced woodworkers—serious amateurs to veteran pros alike—and shape the content to teach, inspire, and connect with a community of loyal subscribers and members.