How to Set Up a Bandsaw
Furniture maker Michael Fortune shows you how to properly set up your bandsaw for flawless cuts, every time
Despite the fact that it’s an incredibly versatile shop tool, a woodworking bandsaw and its proper set-up are often poorly-understood by woodworkers. In this video, you’ll learn how to properly set up and fine-tune your bandsaw for perfect rip, resaw, and curved cuts, every time. Michael Fortune tackles a whole host of tips and techniques including:
- Bandsaw blade installation
- Setting bandsaw blade tracking
- Blade guide adjustment
- Back bearing adjustment
- Bandsaw table set up
- Setting your fence for square
Of course, beautiful bandsawing starts with correct installation of the blade. Be sure to catch our soup-to-nuts tutorial on how to change a bandsaw blade for even more information.
More about Using a Woodworking Bandsaw
- Tension bandsaws without a gauge
- 7 Great Bandsaw Tips from Michael Fortune
- Which Blades for My Bandsaw?
- Michael Fortune’s Clever Bandsaw Fence
- Bandsaw Basics from Tage Frid