Installing a Vise
A solid workbench is pretty much useless without a solid vise. Watch this video to learn how to mount a cast-iron vise to your workbench.
A cast-iron woodworking vise is easy to install and a great addition to any bench. In this video, Ed Pirnik shows you how to mount one to your workbench, using a spacer block and a full length inside jaw apron. Later, Ed shows how to drill dog holes so they are aligned properly with your vise, and talks about how to use them.
More on FineWoodworking.com
- Bench-Vise Secrets – You’re probably not getting the most from this workshop workhorse
- Video: Fast Fix – Vise Insert Prevents Racking
- Video: Chris Becksvoort – Spacers for a workbench vise prolong the life of your bench vise
- Making Sense of Vises – A User’s Guide to the Heart of the Workbench
- Two DIY Woodworking Vises – How to Hold Work in a Pinch