Geoffrey Carson claims that 80% of his woodworking knowledge has come from FWW, with the other 20% learned from trial and error, talking to other woodworkers, and more trial and error. He is in his eighth year of designing and building furniture, burlwood boxes, and fly-fishing accessories. When not in the shop, he might be found casting a fly in rivers and streams around his home in Issaquah, Washington. Favorite tool? An 8-in. jointer with a Shelix cutterhead upgrade (it treats figured wood so kindly).
Become an UNLIMITED member and get it all: searchable online archive of every issue, how-to videos, Complete Illustrated Guide to Woodworking digital series, print magazine, e-newsletter, and more.
Get complete site access to video workshops, digital plans library, online archive, and more, plus the print magazine.