- Video: How to Turn a Tapered Shaker Leg
Used sanding pads and a neat trick using graphite make for one terrific taper
- Video: How to Turn a Shaker Leg on a Lathe
Breeze through this elegant turning with guidance from a Shaker expert
- Video: Learn to Turn Barley-Twist Candlesticks
Find out how to lay out, carve, and smooth this distinctive open-twist shape
- Wood Turning Basics
The world's best teachers show you better techniques, beautiful projects in this special online collection
- Video: Turning Beads With a Skew Chisel
Practice turning beads in this exercise excerpted from the DVD 'Turning Wood'
- Video: A Two-Step Finish for Wood Turnings
Lacquer is durable and quick to apply.
- Video: How to Turn Pulls Without a Lathe
Create custom door and drawer knobs using your drill press
- Video: Romancing the Shop
Journey into one woodworker's dream shop and watch him crank out gorgeous tool handles straight from the log
- Video: Understanding Woodturning Catches
Learn why woodturning tools catch and how to avoid this potentially dangerous situation
- Turning Furniture Parts (Part 2)
In Part 2 of Peter Galbert's series on turning, learn the subtleties involved in planing a smooth surface, plus cutting the precise notches, beads, and coves seen ...
- Secret to a Sheraton Leg? Divide and Conquer
The turned legs on Mario Rodriguez's Sheraton table look daunting. They start with tight stack of rings, followed by 12 carved, tapered reeds that end in a small ...
- Video: A Jig for Cutting Flutes and Reeds
A shopmade lathe accessory lets you cut precise flutes and reeds in tapered Federal-style legs
- Video: Woodturning with a Steady Rest
This important accessory prevents spindles from vibrating. Ernie Conover shows how to use a commercial steady rest and how to make your own.
- Video: Turn a Windsor Chair Leg
Watch a pro turn this classic leg design, download full-size plans, and build the whole chair using expert advice and how-tos
- Q & A: Replacing Gouge Handles