- Video: Finishing Technique for Greene and Greene Furniture
A simple recipe for reproducing this classic furniture style's finish
- The Language of Finishing: Part 2
In part two of The Language of Finishing, learn the terms used to describe the process of preparing a surface for finishing, and applying the finish itself. From ...
- Video: How to Choose the Right Finish
Learn how to choose the appropriate finish for all your woodworking and furniture projects
- Q & A: Non-Yellowing Finishes
- Q & A: How to Finish Interior Drawer Parts
- Video: How to Apply an Aerosol Finish
Aerosol finishes offer woodworkers a simple, economical way to apply a super smooth finish, without investing in a high priced spray rig.
- Video: Easy Three-Part Furniture Finish
Learn how to apply an easy three-part clear finish to your furniture
- Q & A: Is There a Waterborne Finish as Nice as Solvent-Based Lacquer?
- Bleach Mahogany for a Unique Look
Rich red tones are the colors most associated with mahogany, but you can also achieve a light golden-amber color by bleaching and then dying the wood. Learn the ...
- The Finish Recipe Book
Foolproof finishes from your favorite Fine Woodworking authors
- Finish Recipe: Display Cabinet on a Stand
A shellac polish finish can be a very attractive option for cabinets or other low-wear objects.
- The Confusion Over Wipe-On Finishes
What's the difference between wiping varnish and an oil/varnish blend? What is a Danish oil? How do you know which one to use? The key, Hendrik Varju says, is to ...
- Q & A: Best Finish for Tabletops
- High-Gloss Finish Made Simple
Learn the secrets to applying a high-gloss finish that brings out the color, depth, and figure in wood. Brushing or spraying alone won't do it. The secret is applying ...
- Torture Test for Outdoor Finishes
Wood and weather don't work well together. So if you want to keep that outdoor table or Adirondack chair looking like new, a protective finish is a must. But which ...