O.K. folks checked the archives and found a few discussions on air compressors, but being the lazy ba*tard that I am I couldn’t find every thing I needed to know–so here goes:
My planned uses for an air compressor are:
- Woodwork in my shop
- Trim work in my home
- Removing stucco with an air hammer from my 1880 Italianate home that someone bastardized in the 1970’s. (Why would anyone do that?)
- Nailing siding and restoring trim work on home that someone destroyed in the 1970’s (why would anyone do that?)
- Other restoration uses…because someone bastardized the home in the 1970’s
I’d appreciate any and all suggestions. My specific questions are these:
- Oil free or oil lube?
- What size? (no painting)
- Name brands?
- Any feelings about the big Coleman compressor sold at Costco?
- Any other things that I’m not considering?
Thanks for the help…