- Q & A: How to Handle Cross-Grain Veneer
- Video: Fast Fix: Build a Spring-Loaded Drawer Stop
Learn how to build a wooden drawer stop that keeps toddlers safe without the hassle of a mortised locked set
- 4 Steps to a Sweet-Fitting Drawer
This step-by-step procedure for fitting a drawer comes from Rob Porcaro's years of experience making furniture. The key is that it does not compound errors as you ...
- Persuit of Perfection
Peter Shepard has been designing and building furniture full time ever since he quit his job as a book editor to study the craft at the North Bennet Street School. ...
- How to Build Solid Drawer Bottoms
Garrett Hack has repaired more than a few solid-wood drawer bottoms in his day, but he hasn't lost his enthusiasm for this construction method. Plywood might be ...
- Q & A: Cut Slotted Screw Holes in a Drawer Bottom
- The Ins and Outs of Drawer Stops
What's the first thing you do when looking at a piece of fine furniture? Chances are, if the piece contains drawers, you pull one out. You're looking for well-crafted ...
- Illustrated Guide to Drawers
At their essence, drawers are simple things--just boxes that slide into an opening in a case or table. But there are so many different ways to design and make a ...
- Upgrading a side table
How to retrofit a drawer with a solid-bottom, step by step. Plus, the right way to attach a slate top
- How to Tackle a Serpentine Drawer
The simple, pleasing shape of a serpentine drawer front is not all that simple to design and construct. Jeff Headley first builds a core from layers of a secondary ...
- Video: Introduction to Dovetails
Take your joinery to a new level by learning how to make handcut dovetails. See how it's done in the latest episode of this online classroom
- Video: Through Dovetails: Laying out and Cutting the Tails
In this installment of our online classroom, Gochnour explains how to lay out and cut the tails for a through dovetail joint
- Video: Through Dovetails: Laying Out and Cutting the Pins
Complete the joint by laying out and cutting the pins. Gochnour shows how it's done in this episode of our online classroom
- Video: An easy way to make multiple drawers
Learn how to cut tongue-and-groove joints to assemble many drawers quickly, in part five of this video workshop
- Center Guides for Drawers
Center guides are a simple and effective way to make drawers run straight and true without binding. They are especially useful in cases with very wide drawers, ...