- Video: Watch the Dovetail Doctor in Action
Watch how a reader quickly improves his dovetail technique in two days with the Dovetail Doctor, a k a contributing editor Gary Rogowski
- How to Cut Dovetail Joinery
Five woodworking experts share their dovetail-cutting expertise in this roundup of videos and articles
- Video: Precise Dovetails: Assembly and Glue-Up
Andy Rae shows how to get a tight fit in a dovetail joint and check the workpiece for square.
- Video: Precise Dovetails: Laying Out and Cutting Pins
Andy Rae shows how to keep the parts of a drawer properly oriented and how to mark pins quickly and accurately.
- Video: Precise Dovetails: Tips for Laying Out Tails
Andy Rae shares his secrets for making a dovetailed drawer that's square, flush, and flat at the corners.
- FWW Poll: Tails Win, by a Nose
When it comes to making dovetails, the favored methods are tails-first by hand or with a router jig
- The 5-Minute Dovetail
Start each woodworking session with a quick, practice dovetail to work out the kinks and get in tune with your hand tools. That's what Gary Rogowski teaches his ...
- Video: Build a Multidrawer Cabinet: Complete the Half-Blind Dovetail
See how Gochnour chops and pares the sockets, in the latest installment of our interactive classroom
- Video: Build a Multidrawer Cabinet: Introduction to Half-Blind Dovetails
In the latest episode of our interactive classroom, Gochnour shows how to begin laying out this type of joint.
- Q & A: Clean-Cut Dovetails
- The Secret to Making Perfect Joints
Joints that fit perfectly are every woodworker's goal, but it's a common misconception that every surface must match perfectly in order to achieve that goal. Undercutting ...
- Q & A: Cutting Half-Blind Dovetails: Tails First
- Laying Out Dovetails
Dovetail layout can be a source of frustration for beginning woodworkers. First, one must figure out the size and spacing of the tails and pins, and choose a slope ...
- Marking System Keeps Track of Parts
Cabinetmaker's triangles ensure that the sides, back, and front of a dovetail assembly are properly oriented
- Video: Easy Dovetail Layout
Lay out hand-cut dovetails with a ruler and simple math