I am in the process of restoring my second old home–but this time I’m a little older, a little more lazy, have a LITTLE more money, but obviously, I’m still dumb enough to do this “old home thing” again. I don’t mind investing in good tools that will last.
I am in the market for a air nailer or two or three….and I need your advice–since I’ve never owned an air nailer before. Here’s what I plan on doing with it (them):
- Framing, sheathing, wooden siding
- Finish work (paneling, stairs, mantels, and outside victorian details)
- I also like tackling furniture in my spare time (which is more and more spare these days)
Can you suggest the following:
- What types of air nailers would you suggest?
- How many different types do I need given the various types of task that I plan to perform?
- Name brands (Senco, DeWalt, Hitachi?) and model numbers?
- Do you need special nails for each particular brand?
- Any other recommendations?
Thanks for all your help…
Edited 7/22/2002 4:33:00 PM ET by PNUTIII