Thank you for the information I always receive from this post. I am looking at making some fairly large tool purchases in the near future and so I would like the input and better alternatives if you have any.
My shop is roughly 24′ long ranging from approx. 15′ wide at its greatest width and 9′ wide at it’s thinnest. All of my powertools are on mobile bases and can be moved in and out of the shop if the space is needed and kept in the rest of the basement which my wife says I need to leave alone. I am looking at a list of tools and clamps. The list is below:
1. Bandsaw – Laguna LT14SE (If the budget allows)
2. Dust Collector – Penn State DC – 1B with the canister and clear plastic bags
3. Air Cleaner – Penn State as well
4. Clamps – Bessey K-Body’s – 24″, 40″, 50″, and 60″
5. Clamps – Jorgensen Hand Screws – 4 of each size 0 – 4
6. Benchtop Drill Press – Thinking about Craftsman 12″ – Price is right, have a mortiser already so won’t need the ability to put on a mortising attachment.
That’s about it for now. A variety of hand tools. Any input is greatly appreciated.