- Video: Understanding Woodturning Catches
Learn why woodturning tools catch and how to avoid this potentially dangerous situation
- Turning Furniture Parts (Part 2)
In Part 2 of Peter Galbert's series on turning, learn the subtleties involved in planing a smooth surface, plus cutting the precise notches, beads, and coves seen ...
- How to Sharpen Your Turning Tools
For many woodworkers, learning to turn furniture parts, such as legs, pulls, or even columns, is a natural progression. It’s a fun journey, but to be successful ...
- Scrapers: The Turner’s Best Friend
When you develop your turning techniques, don't forget the scraper. With this highly useful tool in hand, even a novice can smooth the inside and outside curves ...
- Video: Lathe Scraper Basics: Perfectly Flat Surfaces
How to use a boat-tail scraper to make a flat platter
- Video: Lathe Scraper Basics: Smooth Surface for a Bowl
A large dome scraper gives smooth cuts in changing grain
- Video: How to Turn at a Safe Speed
A good rule-of-thumb for turning at the proper speed
- A Turner's Basic Tool Kit
A group of tools to get you started on spindle and faceplate turning
- Video: Bowl Turning Tip: How to Positioning the Gouge
Learn the correct way to use a gouge when roughing a blank
- Eight Questions on Bowl Turning
Mike Mahoney demonstrates essential turning techniques and answers your questions about the craft
- Video: Turning Gouge Primer
Why are there so many different gouges?
- Video: Turning Techniques: The Difference Between Shear Scraping, Shear Cutting, and Cutting
Learn the differences between these techniques and watch a demonstration of each in part two of an eight-part series on wood turning
- Video: Turning Tip: How to Tame Tearout
Avoid end-grain tearout with proper tool positioning and cutting in the right direction
- Wood Turning Basics
The world's best teachers show you better techniques, beautiful projects in this special online collection
- Update: Turning-Tool Developments
Production problems ending for Glaser Hitec; Stuart Batty develops innovative new tools