- Carbide Mini Turning Tool Set
One of the challenges Of learning to turn wood is learning to sharpen the tools. Traditional turning tools require complicated bevel angles and finely ground cutting ...
- Video: Lathe Scraper Basics: Perfectly Flat Surfaces
How to use a boat-tail scraper to make a flat platter
- Video: Lathe Scraper Basics: Smooth Surface for a Bowl
A large dome scraper gives smooth cuts in changing grain
- Eight Questions on Bowl Turning
Mike Mahoney demonstrates essential turning techniques and answers your questions about the craft
- Video: Turning Gouge Primer
Why are there so many different gouges?
- Wood Turning Basics
The world's best teachers show you better techniques, beautiful projects in this special online collection
- Update: Turning-Tool Developments
Production problems ending for Glaser Hitec; Stuart Batty develops innovative new tools
- Video: Turning Beads With a Skew Chisel
Practice turning beads in this exercise excerpted from the DVD 'Turning Wood'
- Turning Tools Redesigned
CET Inc. launches innovative CryoSteel turning tools and reissues Jerry Glaser Hitec line
- Turning Furniture Parts (Part 2)
In Part 2 of Peter Galbert's series on turning, learn the subtleties involved in planing a smooth surface, plus cutting the precise notches, beads, and coves seen ...
- How to Sharpen Your Turning Tools
For many woodworkers, learning to turn furniture parts, such as legs, pulls, or even columns, is a natural progression. It’s a fun journey, but to be successful ...
- Scrapers: The Turner’s Best Friend
When you develop your turning techniques, don't forget the scraper. With this highly useful tool in hand, even a novice can smooth the inside and outside curves ...
- Video: How to Turn at a Safe Speed
A good rule-of-thumb for turning at the proper speed
- A Turner's Basic Tool Kit
A group of tools to get you started on spindle and faceplate turning
- Video: Bowl Turning Tip: How to Positioning the Gouge
Learn the correct way to use a gouge when roughing a blank