- 4 Planes for Joinery
Specialty planes make it easier to build furniture by hand. By adding a shoulder plane, a router plane, a rabbet plane, and a plow plane to his collection, Vic ...
- Q & A: Backer Board Prevents Tearout on Rabbets
- Fillister Plane Cuts Quick Rabbets and More
A fillister plane, sometimes called a rabbet plane, can be used to cut a rabbet very quickly, without all the hassle of changing blades or bits and setting up the ...
- How to Cut Precise Joints on the Tablesaw
The tablesaw can do more than make rectangles. If you add a dado set and a few shopmade jigs and fixtures, it can become your favorite machine for cutting flawless ...
- Video: 3 Steps to Great Glue-Ups: Dado Joints
There's no doubt about it, the glue-up phase of any woodworking project
is often a stressful situation which, without proper preparation, can
lead to disaster. ...
- Video: Dado Jig Tackles Shelves of Any Thickness
Learn how this fully adjustable, easy-to-use jig works
- Glass Doors Made Easy
Glass doors are great for kitchen cabinets, display cabinets, enclosed bookshelves, and any other project where you want the objects inside to be seen. But conventional ...
- Q & A: Match Dado Set to Your Saw’s Power
- Q & A: Offset Rabbets Make Double Doors Stronger
- Video: Rabbeting Fence for the Tablesaw
A clamp-on auxiliary fence that's perfect for cutting rabbets
- Video: Cutting Dadoes with a Router
Watch how to cut stopped dadoes and through dadoes, making multiple passes with a router to sneak up on a tight fit every time.
- Video: Bob Van Dyke Shop Tip: The Lock Rabbet Joint
How to use the tablesaw to make a simple, sturdy joint
- Video: Build a Multidrawer Cabinet: Cut Precise Dadoes and Rabbets
Learn how to make exacting cuts on the tablesaw, in part two of this video workshop.
- Seven Joinery Fixes
In the midst of dry-fitting the side table you've been working on all week, you realize you got a little too aggressive and trimmed an apron tenon narrower on one ...
- Tip: Rout Perfectly Sized Dadoes