Shop Talk Live 30: Super-Smooth Handplane Tipscomments (5) April 23rd, 2013 in blogs
Every two weeks, a team of Fine Woodworking staffers answer questions from readers on Shop Talk Live, Fine Woodworking's biweekly podcast. Send your woodworking questions to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration in the regular broadcast!
Also on iTunes Click on the link at left to listen to the podcast, or catch it in iTunes. Remember, our continued existence relies upon listener support. So if you enjoy the show, be sure to leave us a five-star rating and maybe even a nice comment on our iTunes page. And don't forget to send in your woodworking questions to email@example.com.
Shop Talk Live 30: Super-Smooth Handplane Tips
On this week's edition of Shop Talk Live, we offer up a sneak preview of Fine Woodworking Live 2013, with news that show-goers may have the option of participating in a "Build-Off." Plus Mike Pekovich and Asa Christiana explain handplane iron angles, the benefits of jointer/planer combo machines, and why a 4-in. jointer just doesn't belong in a woodworking workshop.
Brand New Shop Stumper
Also this week, we debut a brand new audio Shop Stumper. Here's the deal: if you can identify the woodworking-related sound I played on the air, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Shop Stumper" in the subject line." We'll randomly select one listener, from among all the correct answers received, to be the recipient of a brand-spankin' new set of Rockler Bench Cookies!
The winner will be announced during STL Episode 31. Please note: DO NOT post your answer in the blog comment section below. Any answers posted their will automatically be disqualified. Email only, folks.
Links from this Week's Show
FWW art director
Senior web producer
Listen to Previous Episodes
- Shop Talk Live 29: Secrets for Sharp Blades and Perfect Plane Irons
- Shop Talk Live 28: Shocking Confession from a Fine Woodworking Staffer
- Shop Talk Live 27: Million Dollar Woodworker
- Shop Talk Live 26: Workbench Glue-Up Conundrum
- Shop Talk Live 25: Time for a New Monster Workbench?
- Shop Talk Live 24: Wicked Weapon for Terrific Tenons
- Shop Talk Live 23: Cuba's Forgotten Furniture Masterpieces
- Shop Talk Live 22: Handplane How-To
- Shop Talk Live 21: Tablesaw Tech
- Shop Talk Live 20: Fine Woodworking on Primetime TV
- Shop Talk Live 19: All Time Favorite Techniques of All Time
- Shop Talk Live 18: George Nakashima 2.0
- see all episodes
posted in: blogs, podcast, handplanes, jointer planer combo, rust prevention, spring joints
Save up to 51% on Fine Woodworking
Become a Better Woodworker
ABOUT SHOP TALK LIVE
Fine Woodworking magzine's biweekly podcast, Shop Talk Live, allows editors, authors, and special guests to answer your woodworking questions and connect with the online woodworking community.