- Mitered Dovetails
A dovetailed box is a fine example of craftsmanship in its own right. Add a miter to the top edge and it's even more slick. Add a second miter to hide the through-grooves ...
- Essentials of the Screw Joint
Woodworking teacher Mario Rodriguez tells you everything you need to know to create a solid mechanical connection using screws, from the three-step drilling process ...
- Perfect Dovetails on a Curve
Say you are making a jewelry box with curved sides. Because both pieces are curved across their width, the ends are also curved. With no straight edges to register ...
- Video: Box Making Tips and Tricks
Learn how to cut attractive V-groove dadoes for your finest boxes. Plus, a super-simple shellac-based finish.
- Ming Masterpiece, Joint by Joint
When John Cameron (back cover FWW #206) set out to build an exact reproduction of an original Ming Dynasty table, he knew the joinery would tap into all his skill ...
- Video: How to Make a Bridle Joint
A variation on a mortise-and-tenon joint that you can easily cut on the tablesaw. Andy Rae shows you what to do.
- Video: How to Make a Cope-and-Stick Joint
Andy Rae takes you step-by-step through the process, from setting up the router bits to final glue-up.
- How They Did It: Slat-and-Rivet Construction
Blending cabinetmaking and boatbuilding
- FWW Poll: Joinery, Turning, Carving Are the Next Skills to Master
9 out of 10 respondents to latest poll say those are the three skills they'd like to tackle next
- The Wizard's Secrets
Traditional joinery becomes art in the hands of Kintaro Yazawa. For the first time, he reveals secrets for two perplexing joints. Read about the hawk's-nail joint ...
- Video: Drawbored Mortise and Tenon
Make this tight-fitting joint even stronger by driving a peg through offset holes
- Make a Tapered Sliding Dovetail
A router, plywood fence, and shim make easy work of producing this sturdy mechanical joint for shelves and partitions
- Q & A: A Lesson in Butterfly Keys
- Video: Router-Cut Sliding Dovetail
Learn to produce this strong joint in a video excerpt from the DVD 'Router Jigs and Techniques'
- Sculpt Flowing Joinery with an Angle Grinder
Shaping a piece of furniture with an angle grinder can be both exhilarating and terrifying. Sculptor and woodworker Jere Williams does it all the time. He finds ...