- Video: Quick Tip: An Easy Way to Make Square Holes
Here's another way to use bits from a hollow-chisel mortiser.
- Two Ways to Make Sturdy Cabinet Doors
How to make stylish solid-panel or glass-panel doors with strong mortise-and-tenon joints
- How to Cut Mortise and Tenon Joinery
Woodworking experts Gary Rogowski, Garrett Hack, Roland Johnson, and others share their tips for success in this roundup of videos and articles from the Fine Woodworking archives
- Video: Cut Through-Mortises with a Router
How to use a template and guide bushings to make through mortises with no tearout
- FWW Poll: The Strongest Joint
In the latest Knots poll, 7 of 10 woodworkers say a mortise and tenon makes the strongest joint
- Video: Build a Multidrawer Cabinet: Construct a Frame-and-Panel Back
Build a mortise-and-tenon frame using a hollow-chisel mortiser and a dado blade on the tablesaw, in part four of this video workshop.
- The Secret to Making Perfect Joints
Joints that fit perfectly are every woodworker's goal, but it's a common misconception that every surface must match perfectly in order to achieve that goal. Undercutting ...
- The Secret to Perfect Mortise and Tenons
Trim hidden areas to quickly produce a flawless fit
- Video: The Complete Mortise and Tenon Joint
Practice cutting this joint with hand and power tools, and learn new tips and techniques for cutting, sizing, and fitting a mortise and tenon
- Video: Slot Mortise and Tenons on the Bandsaw
Learn how to cut this joint, also known as a bridle joint, in a few simple steps on the bandsaw in part four of this video workshop
- The Pegged Joint, Exposed
Driving a hardwood peg through a mortise-and-tenon joint does more than add a decorative element: It makes the joint stronger. Though the same technique can be ...
- The Wizard's Secrets
Traditional joinery becomes art in the hands of Kintaro Yazawa. For the first time, he reveals secrets for two perplexing joints. Read about the hawk's-nail joint ...
- Video: Using the Self-Centering Mortise Jig
Shop-built router jig is a smart solution to cutting mortises for floating mortise-and-tenon joinery
- Video: Drawbored Mortise and Tenon
Make this tight-fitting joint even stronger by driving a peg through offset holes
- Q & A: Strong Shutter Joints