- FWW Poll: The Strongest Joint
In the latest Knots poll, 7 of 10 woodworkers say a mortise and tenon makes the strongest joint
- Video: Build a Multidrawer Cabinet: Construct a Frame-and-Panel Back
Build a mortise-and-tenon frame using a hollow-chisel mortiser and a dado blade on the tablesaw, in part four of this video workshop.
- The Secret to Making Perfect Joints
Joints that fit perfectly are every woodworker's goal, but it's a common misconception that every surface must match perfectly in order to achieve that goal. Undercutting ...
- The Secret to Perfect Mortise and Tenons
Trim hidden areas to quickly produce a flawless fit
- Video: The Complete Mortise and Tenon Joint
Practice cutting this joint with hand and power tools, and learn new tips and techniques for cutting, sizing, and fitting a mortise and tenon
- Video: Slot Mortise and Tenons on the Bandsaw
Learn how to cut this joint, also known as a bridle joint, in a few simple steps on the bandsaw in part four of this video workshop
- The Pegged Joint, Exposed
Driving a hardwood peg through a mortise-and-tenon joint does more than add a decorative element: It makes the joint stronger. Though the same technique can be ...
- The Wizard's Secrets
Traditional joinery becomes art in the hands of Kintaro Yazawa. For the first time, he reveals secrets for two perplexing joints. Read about the hawk's-nail joint ...
- Video: Using the Self-Centering Mortise Jig
Shop-built router jig is a smart solution to cutting mortises for floating mortise-and-tenon joinery
- Video: Drawbored Mortise and Tenon
Make this tight-fitting joint even stronger by driving a peg through offset holes
- Q & A: Strong Shutter Joints
- Q & A: Hollow-Chisel Mortisers: How Clean Are Their Cuts?
- Video: Joinery for Rustic Furniture
Learn to cut mortise and tenon joinery for rustic furniture with just a few tools and found material
- Video: Pinning a Mortise and Tenon Joint
A simple jig helps locate and drill holes for pinned joinery
- Video: Quick and Sturdy Door
Build a frame-and-panel door with basic power tools