- How to Gear Up for Glue-Ups
They key to success for any glue-up is to have the right supplies on hand. If you assemble a kit of cauls and clamps like Michael Fortune suggests, your probability ...
- Video: How to Make Cambered Cauls
Get clamping pressure where you need it with easy shopmade cauls
- Easier Joinery for Curved Drawer Fronts
To produce predictable curves and accurate joinery on a bowfront dresser, Alan Turner built a series of jigs: a two-part bending form, a cradle for crosscutting ...
- Frame-and-Panel Doors that Stay Flat
It may sound obvious, but if you want your cabinet doors to swing freely and stay true, they have to be flat. And if you follow the proper techniques, they will ...
- Never Struggle with Squeeze-Out Again
Most of us have a love-hate relationship with glue squeeze-out. That thin, consistent bead of glue along a joint line indicates we've used enough glue for a strong ...
- Q & A: Tips for Drawer Runners and Kickers
- Video: 3 Steps to Great Glue-Ups: Edge Joints
There's no doubt about it, the glue-up phase of any woodworking project
is often a stressful situation which, without proper preparation, can
lead to disaster. ...
- Q & A: Simple Glue-up Table Rides Sawhorses
- Built-ins That Fit Like a Glove
Built-in cabinets require a marriage between woodworking and carpentry, and that often means you have to insert a perfectly square cabinet into a not-so-square ...
- Fine Furniture from Reclaimed Wood
Whether it comes from an old barn, an old piece of furniture, or somewhere else, reclaimed wood can lend your projects a character and feel vastly different from ...
- Perfect Tapers on the Tablesaw
Found across a range of furniture styles, tapered legs are popular because they are good-looking. They break up a square, boxy piece of furniture and direct the ...
- Video: Tablesaw Tapering Jig is Safer and Faster
Learn how an adjustable leg tapering jig can easily cut two, three, and four-sided tapers on the tablesaw
- The Secrets Within
Learn some of the secrets within Silas Kopf's cabinet, where all is not as it seems.
- Better Way to Add Stringing and Banding
Beautiful patterns, dozens of wood species and grain varieties, and not too much money. These are just three reasons why making a veneered tabletop appeals to many ...
- Video: Fixing Woodworking Mistakes
Learn how to repair common woodworking mistakes, quickly and easily