- Tool Test: Router Lifts
Changing router bits and adjusting the height are two things you'll do a lot when using a router table. Both tasks can be frustrating, requiring you to reach under ...
- Tool Test: Router Tables
Mounted in a table, a router can spin out perfect sliding dovetails, and tenons that fit their mortises straight from the table. You can also rout more consistent ...
- Tool Test: Trim Routers
No longer designed for the single carpentry task of trimming countertop laminate, trim routers have evolved into tools that are perfectly suited to a variety of ...
- Video: Buying and Using Trim Routers
Learn how these small routers can be used in furniture making and get tips on how to select the right trim router for your shop
- How Many Routers Does Your Shop Need?
If you do a lot of routing, there's a pretty strong argument for having more than one router in your shop. One route to take is to use a combo kit, with one motor ...
- Heavy-Duty Plunge Routers
3-hp routers have the raw power needed to cut great mortises, profile edges, shape wood to a template, cut dadoes and rabbets, and more. But because these routers ...
- Q & A: When to Replace Motor Brushes?
- Tool Guide 2009
Free online extras from our newsstand-only publication featuring expert tool reviews, videos, and articles
- Milwaukee Muscles into Combo-Kit Market
New two-in-one router kit is strong and versatile
- Sorting Out Straight Router Bits
Two flutes or one, spiral or straight, bearing guided? Discover the best bits for any routing task.
- Tool Test: Routers for Router Tables
Mounting a router in a table gives precise control over a wide variety of work, using bits that would otherwise be too big to use safely, and allowing the use of ...
- Video: Dick Jarmon: Ultimate Tool Collector
Porter-Cable's No. 1 fan shares part of his antique tool collection at 100th anniversary gala
- Innovative Plunge Router from Down Under
Triton MOF001KC gets high marks for ergonomics and safety
- Tip: Lock Down Router Bushings without Damage
- Porter-Cable Recalls Some 890 Series Routers
Vibration from motor can lead to shock hazard, company says