Drawbore Your Mortise-and-Tenon Joinery
Smoothing Plane Tips and Techniques
Customize Your Router for Centered Mortises
Speed Up Handplane Honing with Your Ruler
Hinge Mortises on the Tablesaw
Finishing Technique for Greene and Greene Furniture
Capture More Dust from Your Router Table
Simple Tape Trick for Tight Fitting Through-Mortises
The Coolest Cutting Board Ever?
Workbench Tool Storage Solutions
The Essential Tool Chest
A Woodworker's Guide to Grain Direction
Simple Cabinetry with Pocket Hole Joinery
How to Sharpen Hollow Chisel Mortising Bits
How to Sharpen a Spokeshave
STL 61: Mind-Blowing Marquetrycomments (0) June 13th, 2014 in blogs
Shop Talk Live 61: Mind-Blowing Marquetry
This week on Shop Talk Live, Asa Christiana sits down with acclaimed marquetry master W. Patrick Edwards, winner of the Society for American Period Furniture Makers' 2014 Cartouche Award for lifetime achievement. Find out how his 180-degree career change was meant to be, and what it takes to rise to the top of a venerable list of marquetry masters.
Plus, your woodworking questions on workbenches, and more.
Every two weeks, a team of Fine Woodworking staffers answer questions from readers on Shop Talk Live, Fine Woodworking's biweekly podcast. Send your woodworking questions to email@example.com for consideration in the regular broadcast!
Also on iTunes Click on the link at left to listen to the podcast, or catch it in iTunes. Remember, our continued existence relies upon listener support. So if you enjoy the show, be sure to leave us a five-star rating and maybe even a nice comment on our iTunes page. And don't forget to send in your woodworking questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links from this Week's Show
Executive art director
Special projects editor
W. Patrick Edwards
Senior web producer
Listen to Previous Episodes
- Shop Talk Live 60: Dumpster Diving for Terrific Tools
- Shop Talk Live 59: No Such Thing as Too Many Tools
- Shop Talk Live 58: Is Woodworking an Art?
- Shop Talk Live 57: Tablesaw Accident Update
- Shop Talk Live 56: James Krenov's Legacy Lives On
- Shop Talk Live 55: Mike's Tool Chest Disaster
- Shop Talk Live 54: Greatest Hits and a Slight Delay
- Shop Talk Live 53: Bitchin' Block Rabbet Planes
- Shop Talk Live 52: A Hit Man in the Workshop
- Shop Talk Live 51: Used Diapers in the Workshop
- Shop Talk Live 50: Tool Bombs and Colonial Woodworking
- Shop Talk Live 49: Power Tool Power
- see all episodes
posted in: blogs, podcast, marquetry, patrick edwards
Save up to 51% on Fine Woodworking
Become a Better Woodworker
ABOUT SHOP TALK LIVE
Fine Woodworking magzine's biweekly podcast, Shop Talk Live, allows editors, authors, and special guests to answer your woodworking questions and connect with the online woodworking community.