Drawbore Your Mortise-and-Tenon Joinery
The Essential Tool Chest
How to Sharpen a Spokeshave
Speed Up Handplane Honing with Your Ruler
Finishing Technique for Greene and Greene Furniture
How to Sharpen Hollow Chisel Mortising Bits
Simple Cabinetry with Pocket Hole Joinery
Customize Your Router for Centered Mortises
The Coolest Cutting Board Ever?
Capture More Dust from Your Router Table
Hinge Mortises on the Tablesaw
Smoothing Plane Tips and Techniques
Simple Tape Trick for Tight Fitting Through-Mortises
Workbench Tool Storage Solutions
A Woodworker's Guide to Grain Direction
Shop Talk Live 41: Ask a Rocket Scientistcomments (15) September 20th, 2013 in blogs
Every two weeks, a team of Fine Woodworking staffers answer questions from readers on Shop Talk Live, Fine Woodworking's biweekly podcast. Send your woodworking questions to email@example.com for consideration in the regular broadcast!
Also on iTunes Click on the link at left to listen to the podcast, or catch it in iTunes. Remember, our continued existence relies upon listener support. So if you enjoy the show, be sure to leave us a five-star rating and maybe even a nice comment on our iTunes page. And don't forget to send in your woodworking questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shop Talk Live 41: Ask a Rocket Scientist
On this week's edition of Shop Talk Live, we tackle a recent letter we received concerning safe tablesaw practices and the "right way to rip." To get down to the science of it all, we're introducing a new segment we're calling "Ask a Rocket Scientist." Yup, we have a rocket scientist on-hand to fill us in on all the physics.
Plus, we answer a variety of questions including how to deal with "gummy" bandsaw blades, stubborn handplane tearout in figured maple, and hand tools for intricate inlay work. All this and more on a brand-new Shop Talk Live.
Links from this Week's Show
FWW senior editor
Senior web producer
Listen to Previous Episodes
- Shop Talk Live 40: From Compass Planes to Corrugated Planes
- Shop Talk Live 39: Handplane Hassles and Hardships
- Shop Talk Live 38: Brian Boggs' Brainy Shop Machinery
- Shop Talk Live 37: SawStop Portable in the Works
- Shop Talk Live 36: Definitely a Dovetail Disaster
- Shop Talk Live 35: Legendary Workshops
- Shop Talk Live 34: Bandsaw Master Michael Fortune
- Shop Talk Live 33: Best Bets for Jointer-Planer Upgrades
- Shop Talk Live 32: Vintage Machinery Bargains and Blunders
- Shop Talk Live 31: Ditch That Miter Saw for a Tablesaw
- Shop Talk Live 30: Super-Smooth Handplane Tips
- Shop Talk Live 29: Secrets for Sharp Blades and Perfect Plane Irons
- see all episodes
posted in: blogs, Tablesaw, safety, rocket scientist
Save up to 51% on Fine Woodworking
Become a Better Woodworker
ABOUT SHOP TALK LIVE
Fine Woodworking magzine's biweekly podcast, Shop Talk Live, allows editors, authors, and special guests to answer your woodworking questions and connect with the online woodworking community.