3 Steps to Great Glue-Ups: Sliding Dovetail Joints
Bevel-Up Jack Planes are a Workshop Workhorse
Mounting Knife Hinges in Curved Doors
Five Minute Guide: How to Use a Tablesaw
How to Cut Sliding Dovetail Joints
How to Sharpen a Card Scraper
How to Drill Windsor Chair Mortises
Buying and Using Trim Routers
The Essential Tool Chest
Dedicated Sled Delivers Perfect Finger Joints
How to Make a Simple Jig for Offset Knife Hinges
T-Track is a Smart Workbench Accessory
Fixing Woodworking Mistakes
Five Minute Guide: Glue-Ups
Best Tabletop Finish
A Woodturner's Guide to Chucks and Jaws
Biscuit Joiner Tips and Tricks
Shop Talk Live 29: Secrets for Sharp Blades and Perfect Plane Ironscomments (5) April 5th, 2013 in blogs
Every two weeks, a team of Fine Woodworking staffers answer questions from readers on Shop Talk Live, Fine Woodworking's biweekly podcast. Send your woodworking questions to email@example.com for consideration in the regular broadcast!
Also on iTunes Click on the link at left to listen to the podcast, or catch it in iTunes. Remember, our continued existence relies upon listener support. So if you enjoy the show, be sure to leave us a five-star rating and maybe even a nice comment on our iTunes page. And don't forget to send in your woodworking questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shop Talk Live 29: Secrets for Sharp Blades and Perfect Plane Irons
On this week's edition of Shop Talk Live, we wax poetic on what makes woodworkers "tick" and then dive into a whole host of hand tool sharpening-related questions. Plus, the guys share some of there All Time Favorite Techniques of All Time...for this week and then fess up to some boneheaded shop mistakes in a new edition of Smooth Moves.
And what's the deal with senior web producer Ed Pirnik remarking that he "can't stand woodworking?"
Links from this Week's Show
FWW senior editor
Senior web producer
Listen to Previous Episodes
- Shop Talk Live 28: Shocking Confession from a Fine Woodworking Staffer
- Shop Talk Live 27: Million Dollar Woodworker
- Shop Talk Live 26: Workbench Glue-Up Conundrum
- Shop Talk Live 25: Time for a New Monster Workbench?
- Shop Talk Live 24: Wicked Weapon for Terrific Tenons
- Shop Talk Live 23: Cuba's Forgotten Furniture Masterpieces
- Shop Talk Live 22: Handplane How-To
- Shop Talk Live 21: Tablesaw Tech
- Shop Talk Live 20: Fine Woodworking on Primetime TV
- Shop Talk Live 19: All Time Favorite Techniques of All Time
- Shop Talk Live 18: George Nakashima 2.0
- Shop Talk Live 17: Behind-the-Scenes at Lee Valley Tools
- see all episodes
posted in: blogs
Save up to 52% on Fine Woodworking
Become a Better Woodworker
ABOUT SHOP TALK LIVE
Fine Woodworking magzine's biweekly podcast, Shop Talk Live, allows editors, authors, and special guests to answer your woodworking questions and connect with the online woodworking community.