- Video: Router Jig for Perfect Hinge Mortises
Simple jigs guarantee headache-free hinge installations in boxes and cabinets
- Q & A: Make Veneered Doors Look Like Solid Wood
- Reviving the Tambour Door
Tambour doors are an elegant and easy way to close a cabinet when traditional doors won't work, or just when you want something different. They are ideal for shallow ...
- Frame-and-Panel Doors that Stay Flat
It may sound obvious, but if you want your cabinet doors to swing freely and stay true, they have to be flat. And if you follow the proper techniques, they will ...
- Q & A: How to Avoid Twisted Doors
- Glass Doors Made Easy
Glass doors are great for kitchen cabinets, display cabinets, enclosed bookshelves, and any other project where you want the objects inside to be seen. But conventional ...
- Curved Door with Flat Glass Planes
A curved or bow-front feature gives a sophisticated look to a cabinet, but curved glass is expensive. A good compromise is to set straight panes of glass into curved ...
- Cope-and-Stick Tricks
Learn the secret to using rail-and-stile router bits to create raised-panel doors without accumulating a pile of sawdust and test cuts in the process. Richard Babbitt ...
- Video: Simple Cope and Stick Doors
Learn how to build simple, beautiful cope and stick doors that stand up to heavy use.
- Beautify Doors With Divided Light
Learn to make distinctive glass-paned doors by following the technique Mario Rodriguez used when he made this handsome sideboard. Rodriguez simplified the construction ...
- Grilled to Perfection
Despite its delicate appearance this display cabinet is rigid and quite strong
- Q & A: Offset Rabbets Make Double Doors Stronger
- Q & A: Frame-and-Panel Door Construction
- Video: Designing a Frame and Panel
See the variety of options for panel size and design in this excerpt from the DVD 'Frame and Panel Construction'
- Curved Dividers for Glass Doors
The graceful and elegant curved muntins used on Federal furniture take time to make. But when executed well, they can transform a piece. Richard Oedel has devised ...