- Video: How to Turn a Shaker Leg on a Lathe
Breeze through this elegant turning with guidance from a Shaker expert
- Scrapers: The Turner’s Best Friend
When you develop your turning techniques, don't forget the scraper. With this highly useful tool in hand, even a novice can smooth the inside and outside curves ...
- Video: Lathe Scraper Basics: Perfectly Flat Surfaces
How to use a boat-tail scraper to make a flat platter
- Video: Lathe Scraper Basics: Smooth Surface for a Bowl
A large dome scraper gives smooth cuts in changing grain
- Video: Grinding a Bowl Gouge
How to reshape and put a new bevel on a gouge with a fingernail grind. Plus, learn about Raffan's new DVD on bowl turning.
- Video: How to Turn at a Safe Speed
A good rule-of-thumb for turning at the proper speed
- Video: The Perfect Tenon for a Scroll Chuck
Learn the best ways to turn a tenon using a skew or gouge
- Green-Turned Bowls: Working With Warp
In this excerpt from his new book, The Art of Turned Bowls, Richard Raffan explains how to plan and turn beautiful bowls from freshly cut wood.
- Woodworking Specialties
Online resources for boatbuilding, carving, turning, and crafting instruments
- A Turner's Basic Tool Kit
A group of tools to get you started on spindle and faceplate turning
- Woodturning Workshop: Creating a Staved Vessel
In these excerpts from the new PBS series, host Tim Yoder shows how to cut, glue, and turn hardwood staves to create a distinctive vessel
- Video: Creating a Staved Vessel: Assembly and Glue Up
This excerpt from the PBS series shows how to cut, clamp, and glue the hardwood staves that form the basis for the vessel
- Video: Creating a Staved Vessel: The Stages of Turning
This excerpt from the PBS series shows how to turn the body of the vessel, then add solid-wood elements for the neck and base
- Video: Woodturning Workshop TV Excerpt
In this extended excerpt from the new PBS series, host Tim Yoder transforms an ivory palm nut into a tiny, elegant vessel.