This project started off a lot smaller then it ended up being. I started making the small door with the marquetry on the inside. I wasn’t sure what I was doing with it, I just knew I wanted to make a floral marquetry piece.
At some point during the process I came across an issue of Fine woodworking that had a very elegant Secretary. I thought it would be cool if the door was the center piece, so I started building around it. I had always been a Krenov fan, so once the “guts” were built I started on the box, and then the legs. What was such a simple little door turned into months and months of work, as well as a few pennies for the material. Wenge is more expensive then it looks. LOL.
Anyhow, the box is Bubinga, legs and pulls are wenge, innards are mahagony with maple inlay. The flower is anigre, walnut, and poplar. The finish is a mix of tung oil, poly, and blo. Thanks for looking.