NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- To enter and be eligible to win a prize in the 2023 Fine Woodworking – MPOWER Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), you must be a legal resident of the United States, the United Kingdom, or Canada, and be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win a prize: (i) any person, who at any time on or after December 1, 2022 was a director, officer, agent, representative, or employee of The Taunton Press, Inc., publisher of Fine Woodworking Magazine, the Sweepstakes Administrator (the “Administrator”) or of MPOWER Company, Sponsor of the Sweepstakes (the “Sponsor”) or their respective parent companies, affiliates, or subsidiaries; (ii) any other individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of prizes for the Sweepstakes or engaged in the administration or execution of this Sweepstakes, collectively with the persons described in 1(a)(i), referred to as the “Sweepstakes Entities”; (iii) persons who are or purport to be immediate family members (defined as biological or step-mother/father, sister, brother, daughter, son, dependent or spouse of any of the foregoing) of any person in any of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live, or who resides in the same household as any person in any of the preceding categories; and (iv) persons who Administrator or Sponsor is prohibited from allowing to participate in the Sweepstakes under applicable law. Those who are eligible to enter, as defined herein, are referred to as the “Entrant” or “Entrants”.
- Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered, or tampered with in any way. Entrants must abide by these Official Rules (the “Official Rules”) and by entering this Sweepstakes you unconditionally agree to adhere to and accept the terms, policies and guidelines described in these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, county and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited.
- ENTRY PERIOD:
Entries for the Sweepstakes will be accepted only during the period beginning at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time USA on January 09, 2023 and ending at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time USA on February, 09, 2023 (the “Entry Period”). To be valid, entries must be received during the Entry Period. Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER:
Visit: www.finewoodworking.com/MPOWERSweeps enter the Sweepstakes by providing your legal name, phone number, and e-mail address. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the account used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- By entering, Entrants (i) acknowledge and represent that they are in full compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor made in their sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification with their entries voided.
- The Administrator and Sponsor are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible, or incomplete submissions of requests/entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. All entries become the property of Administrator and Sponsor and in no case shall be returned to the sender.
- Administrator and Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant’s registration in the Sweepstakes (and void all associated entries) or entitlement to a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine or suspect that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by tampering, cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices (including any entries or points generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means or any other means which subvert the entry process).
- Entrants agree that the conditions of submission set forth in these Official Rules, and all documents and agreements incorporated in these Official Rules by reference, solely govern the relationship between Entrants and the Administrator and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. Administrator or Sponsor may use third parties to facilitate one or more elements of the Sweepstakes. These third-party service providers are subject to confidentiality agreements with Administrator and Sponsor and other legal restrictions that prohibit the use of the information about Entrant(s) provided them for any other purpose except to facilitate the specific outsourced administration-related operation.
- As a condition of entering, Entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES), INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (COLLECTIVELY, “CLAIMS”), RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS BROUGHT BY THIRD PARTIES. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE SPONSOR SITE OR ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS, AND NOTHING IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT IN ANY WAY ANY ENTITY’S LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, FOR FRAUD OR FOR ANY OTHER WHERE LIABILITY MAY NOT AS A MATTER OF LAW BE LIMITED.
- Administrator’s or Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Administrator and Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant who violates these Official Rules, any other rules, guidance or instructions set out by the Administrator or Sponsor in promotional material relating to the Sweepstakes or interferes with the Sweepstakes in any manner. If an Entrant is disqualified, Administrator reserves the right to terminate such Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Sweepstakes via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in that individual’s IP address and all entries from that IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the Entry.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Administrator or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United States, without regard to any other conflicts of law principles. All Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, county, and local courts of Connecticut in the United States of America.
- Administrator and Sponsor reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, modify and/or suspend this Sweepstakes at any time if fraud, technical failures, including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or other causes (such as force majeure events) impairs the administration, security, integrity or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion, to randomly select the Winner from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received for the drawing up to time of such cancellation.
- The Administrator does not warrant that access to the Sweepstakes will be uninterrupted, nor is it responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to: (i) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Sweepstakes; or (ii) communications failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or (iii) failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of points or entries, or the offering or announcement of any prize or in any winner notification documents; or (iv) for any other errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; or (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (vi) damage to a user’s system occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Sweepstakes.
- Any attempt by an Entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Administrator and Sponsor reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys’ fees) from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entrants engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified (and all associated entries will be void) and will forfeit any prize won.
- In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in Sweepstakes promotional material, the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- ENTRANT’S PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- Administrator and Sponsor agree to ensure that all data collected during the course of the Sweepstakes including, but not limited to, name, mailing address, phone number, and email address of the Entrants will only be used for the purpose of administering the Sweepstakes and the collection of such data complies with (i) all applicable laws, including without limitation, all state and federal laws, corporate standards, policies, regulations, as well as the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (collectively “Applicable Laws”) and (ii) privacy disclosures and information collection requirements imposed on advertisers by targeting of media in order to comply with Applicable Laws. Where required by Applicable Laws, Administrator and Sponsor will deploy appropriate notices and functionality to obtain authorizations and consents as required.
- Personal Information (name, phone number, and email address) collected from Entrants in connection with entering this Sweepstakes may be used by Administrator and/or Sponsor to (i) verify an Entrant’s identity, postal address and telephone number in the event they are deemed a potential prize winner; and (ii) add the Entrant to distribution lists for email or postal mail newsletters, product information, and promotional updates about products and services offered by Administrator and/or Sponsor. Your information may also be transferred to countries outside of your jurisdiction of residence for the purposes described in 5(b)(i) and 5(b)(ii), including the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada (the “Sweepstakes Countries”). By providing any data in connection with the Sweepstakes, Entrants hereby expressly consent to such transfers of your data to the Sweepstakes Countries for these defined purposes. Entrants have the right to review, rectify, cancel, or delete any personal data held by Administrator or Sponsor by contacting Fine Woodworking Customer Service Monday–Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Central Time USA at [email protected] or Tel. 866-452-5141 (US and Canada customers) or +1 847-559-7522 (International customers).
- If any person who is eligible to enter this Sweepstakes (as described in in 1(a) above) and who does not want their personal information collected for the purposes described in 5(b)(i) and 5(b)(ii), such person should not enter the Sweepstakes. By entering this Sweepstakes, you are giving your consent for your personal information to be collected and used in accordance with the provisions of 5(a), 5(b), and 5(c).
- SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE:
- One Grand Prize Package (the “Prize”) will be awarded containing the following items provided by MPOWER Tools, with the following approximate retail values stated in US Dollars:
$ 249.95 – SBS Sharpening Station
$ 237.77 – CRB7 Mega Bundle (includes CRB7/MHLF/ETK)
$ 178.75 – Fasttrack Bundle
$ 67.85 – Fasttrack Knife Sharpener (includes 3 x accessory stones @ $13.95 ea)
$ 23.95 – Credit card stone
$ 23.95 – 5” File
$ 22.95 – Router Cutter Stone
$ 11.95 – Diamond Stone Holder
$ 39.95 – Flat Lying Trammel Set
$ 31.95 – Profile Scriber
$ 29.95 – Point 2 Point MK2
$ 23.85 – 3 x polishing waxes
$ 44.85 – 3 different sized lapping fluid
$ 987.67 Grand Total
- The approximate retail value (ARV) of the Prize is US $67. The winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the Prize receipt and/or use.
On or about February 23, 2023, one (1) potential winner will be chosen by random selection and notified by e-mail. The same e-mail address used to enter the Sweepstakes will be used to notify the potential winner. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- CLAIMING THE PRIZE:
- Potential winner must sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and, except where prohibited by law, a Liability/Publicity Release within ten (10) days of notification, or their prize may be forfeited. Winner will also be required to provide proof of age and residency by submitting a photo ID. If the potential winner does not timely return the Declaration and Release, or if information contained within the timely returned Declaration and Release deems the potential winner ineligible, the potential winner will be disqualified, and another random drawing will take place with an alternate potential winner selected. Such process will continue until a potential winner is deemed eligible to receive the Prize (the “Winner”).
- By accepting a prize, the Winner agrees and consents to the use of his/her name, address (city and county of residence), voice, and statements relating to the Sweepstakes, the Administrator, or the Sponsor, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Administrator or Sponsor or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed, including the internet, without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law.
- Because the Prize is valued over $600.00, as required by law, Administrator will report the value of the Prize and the year it was received by the Winner to the appropriate taxing authority according to the Winner’s residence, using the Winner’s tax identification number, which the Winner will provide on their Declaration of Eligibility and Release form.
- NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION:
No substitution, exchange or transfer of any prize is allowed by the Winner. The Administrator and Sponsor reserve the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value.
MPower Tools, Ltd., u.k., Manor Farm Reserve, Newton Tony, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP4 0HA, United Kingdom. https://www.mpower-tools.co.uk/
THE TAUNTON PRESS, INC., publisher of Fine Woodworking® Magazine, 63 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470 USA; www.finewoodworking.com/
- IDENTITY OF WINNER:
You may write to Fine Woodworking at [email protected] no later than April 23, 2023 and request the name of the Sweepstakes winner.