- Video: Smoothing Wide Boards with a Handplane
In the last of our 8-question series on handplanes, an award-winning furniture-maker and teacher shows how to level a wide board by hand
- Video: Quarter Sawing Lumber
Find out why this unique cut of lumber is so expensive and so coveted
- Video: Tour a Boutique Lumbermill
Follow along with a day in the life of a Pennsylvania custom mill to see how trees are harvested, cut, and dried to create furniture-grade lumber
- Video: Turn a Green Wood Bowl: Cutting Blanks
Part 1 of 4: Learn the best practices for cutting turning blanks from a fresh log
- Video: A Planer Sled for Milling Lumber
A sled lets you use just your planer to mill wide boards to any thickness
- Video: A Woodworker's Guide to Grain Direction
Want to be a better woodworker? You'd better learn the basics of grain direction.
- Video: Build an Adjustable Handplane Stop
For handplaning mitered stock at the workbench, nothing beats this fully adjustable plane stop
- Video: Flattening Wood with a Jointer
Basic tips on jointing rough lumber
- Video: How a Handplane Cuts
Learn how a handplane cuts, and how to achieve beautiful, thin shavings with your own tools.
- Video: How to Joint Lumber at your Router Table
No jointer? No problem. Learn how to joint a perfect edge on any board, using your router table.
- Video: How to Mill Lumber with Handplanes
Learn how to mill lumber by hand, and you'll never be limited by your milling machinery
- Video: How to Set Up a Jointer
If you want to mill lumber yourself, jointer set-up is crucial
- Video: Jointers and Other Long Handplanes
Furniture maker Garrett Hack offers tips on how to use jointers and other long handplanes
- Video: Jointing Boards for Dead-Flat Panel Glue-Ups
Even if your jointer fence is out of square, this simple tip will ensure perfect edge joints
- Video: How to Avoid Planer Snipe on Short Stock
Learn how to avoid snipe when planing short stock by lengthening your wood.