- Pens Make Great Gifts
Pen turning is fun, it's a great use for scraps, and it can probably be done mostly with tools you already own and skills you already have. Barry Gross will show ...
- Build a Greene-and-Greene Picture Frame
This frame has all the hallmarks of the Greene-and-Greene style that inspired it: rounded edges, stepped sides, square pegs, and cloud-lift patterns. But it also ...
- Two Unique Lamps
These handsome lamps, created with rings of veneer, will bring warmth to any room. The light shining through the overlapping rings creates a unique effect, and ...
- Standing Frame Has Two Faces
This freestanding frame allows the display of two pieces of art simultaneously on a tabletop, desk, or other flat space. It is designed to be easily disassembled ...
- Weekend Project: A Simple Desk Organizer
This piece helps make sense of office chaos, and can also serve as a handy kitchen organizer
- Tall Clocks and More from the Irion Commission
A slideshow gallery of more work from the extensive commission that reproduced 90 pieces of classic American furniture
- Kid's Woodworking Projects
A series of interesting and entertaining projects that kids as young as 7 can make all by themselves (mostly)
- Shopmade holiday gifts? Bah! Humbug!
Presents for spouses and kids take a backseat to house gifts, according to the latest Knots poll
- The Art and Craft of Room Screens
Room screens are useful for sectioning off parts of large rooms, and are also a natural choice for screening bright windows or cluttered areas. The simple frame-and-panel ...
- Video: Make an End Grain Cutting Board
Follow step-by-step instructions for cutting and assembling the parts for a decorative butcher block
- Smart, Stylish Cutting Boards
Consider the cargo when orienting the grain and shaping the board
- Teach a Skateboarder to Woodwork, or Vice Versa
Kit to build a skateboard deck is well engineered and a great project for getting started in woodworking
- Video: Finding a Niche with Turned Lampshades
New Hampshire wood turner sheds light on his technique for turning thin-walled, translucent vessels
- A Short History of Wood Accessories
- All About Picture Framing
Picture framing is something woodworkers tend to shy away from: it may be fear of damaging an irreplaceable piece of art or of putting less-than-perfect miter joints ...