- Q & A: Strengthen Miter Joints with Splines
- Strong and Handsome: Half-Blind Mitered Dovetails
Half-blind mitered dovetails combine the visual effect of a miter joint, with continuous grain wrapping around a corner, with the strength and classic look of dovetails. ...
- Fast Fixes for Joinery Mistakes
Straight from the pros, five quick and easy fixes for joinery mistakes. If you find yourself midway through a piece of furniture and find yourself with a gappy ...
- Video: Fast Fix: Shopmade Miter-Clamping Jig
Learn how to make a miter-clamping jig with hardwood scraps from your shop
- Super-Strong 3-Way Miter
This miter joint has been in use since the Ming dynasty, and it may seem daunting at first. But Andrew Hunter lays out all the steps to create the three-way miter, ...
- Q & A: Seal Miter Joints Before Glue-Up
- Q & A: For Accurate Miters, Set the Blade with a Drafting Triangle
- Mitered Edging Made Easy
Applying a solid mitered edge to a veneered tabletop or other panel can be a tricky process. If the panel isn't perfectly square, it's difficult to get all four ...
- Miter Your Dovetails
The joinery in this small dresser mirror combines dovetails and miters in an innovative way. The author explains how to do two versions -- a frame joint that has ...
- Video: Joint Strength Test
See which joints performed the best in a stress test
- A Better Way to Build Boxes
This striking box, with its maple sides and contrasting mesquite top, is one of Doug Stowe's favorites and is an ideal project for demonstrating a continuous-grain ...
- Video: Resawing and Mitering with Doug Stowe
In this excerpt from his DVD on box-making, Doug Stowe shows two ways to resaw stock and how to match the grain across a mitered joint
- Video: Strong Miter Joints with a Biscuit-Joiner Jig
An easy-to-make jig speeds box and carcase construction
- Mitered Molding Simplifies Traditional Doors
Sticking is the decorative molding that decorates the inside edges of traditional door frames. To join this type of profile cleanly at the inside corners of a frame, ...
- Precision Jig for Precise Joints
The miter shoot, a jig that consists of two working surfaces aligned at 45° and 90° that is clamped to the workbench, can be used to true up parts for miter joints, ...