- Handy Storage for Turning Tools
- Video: Turn a Green Wood Bowl: Cutting Blanks
Part 1 of 4: Learn the best practices for cutting turning blanks from a fresh log
- Video: A Reliable Lathe Duplicator
Reproduce matching parts on the lathe every time with Vega's duplicator
- Video: A Carved Rosette For an Elegant Touch
Create the blanks on a lathe or with a drill press, then chisel in the details
- Tip: Extending Lathe Capacity
- Video: Roughing the Outside of a Vessel
Depend on a gouge and your design eye to create an attractive shape
- Tip: Tapered Turning Head
- Video: Turn a Green Wood Bowl: Hollowing the Inside
Part 3 of 4: Learn to cut with the grain and achieve a consistent wall thickness when turning a greenwood bowl
- Video: Turn a Green Wood Bowl: Shaping the Profile
Part 2 of 4: Follow these steps to preserve a natural edge and achieve smooth cuts with a bowl gouge
- Video: Turning Beads and Coves
Mastering these two shapes will allow you to turn virtually any furniture spindle
- Learn to Turn Spindles
All turning techniques are based on cutting a bead, a cove, a cylinder, or a taper; if you can cut these four shapes, you can turn anything. In this primer on basic ...
- Turn a Hollow Vessel
Improvements in wood-turning tools have made the art of hollow-vessel turning accessible to woodturners of varying skill levels. In this article, Howard Levin, ...
- Basic Guide to Buying a Lathe
As with buying any tool, it’s the economies you later regret, not the extravagances. Professional turner Jon Siegel tells you what to look for: The height and structure ...
- Turning Bowls from Green Wood
Howard Lewin explains how to turn bowls from green wood in this informative article with step-by-step instructions. Lewin offers techniques for rough-cutting bowl ...
- Bowl-Turning Basics
The beauty of a well-balanced bowl lies in subtle details, writes Richard Raffan. He explains here how to make a bowl on the lathe in an hour or two. Among the ...