- Q & A: Prevent Springback in Bent Laminations
- How to Get Two Curves from One Stick
See how Greg Klassen crafts the split and bent-laminated back on his side chair....
- The Garden Chair, Part 1: Bent Lamination
Part 1 of this garden chair project involves making the bent laminations that are used for the sweeping curves in the arms, seat, and back slats. The process of ...
- 7 Secrets of Steam-Bending
Learn to produce astonishing curves in your furniture using steam-bending. Michael Fortune demonstrates how to bend wood without breaking it, using a steambox and ...
- Video: Vacuum Press Tips
Get tips on how to get the most from your vacuum press
- Build an Outdoor Lounge
This comfortable lounge chair, with its modern lines and shapely curves, looks complicated. It incorporates 25 steam-bent staves, which also sounds complicated. ...
- Inside a Tapered Lamination
- Video: Hot-Pipe Steam-Bending: Furniture Parts
Learn how to bend thicker pieces of wood and get multiple parts to uniform shape. Part three of a three-part video series.
- The Magic of Hot-Pipe Bending
This is a very easy technique for bending thin strips of wood to virtually any shape. Better yet, the simple apparatus is made from a few hardware-store parts.
- Video: Hot-Pipe Steam-Bending: Free Form Bending
Watch Fortune demonstrate this unique technique on a pair of salad tongs. Part two of a three-part video series.
- Video: Video Demo: Hot-Pipe Steam-Bending: Introduction
Learn an easy technique for bending thin strips of wood to virtually any shape. Part one of a three-part video series.
- Q & A: My Laminated Curve is Shrinking
- Glue Up Curved Slabs in One Shot
This cable clamping jig can be used to clamp coopered curves of almost any radii, asymmetric curves, even S-shaped curves, all without any modification to the jig. ...
- Q & A: How to Build a Steambox
- Free-Form Steam-Bending
Michael Fortune's steam-bending technique does away with the traditional compression-strap method. He uses a compression strap, but only to pre-bend the wood. After ...