Woodworking is a solitary hobby, and it requires tools and techniques that are inherently dangerous. These two factors make workshop safety a top concern for any woodworker. When working in the shop it is important to protect your eyes, ears, and lungs,
Workshop Safety Product Finder
- Video: Understanding Tablesaw Safety Systems
Learn about modern safety systems included in today’s tablesaws
- All About Dust Collection
Learn how to protect your lungs with top-notch dust collection tips and techniques.
- Video: Fight Kickback with a Riving Knife
See kickback in action and learn how a riving knife can help prevent it
- Sound Advice
Hearing protectors are as essential to a safe, well-equipped shop as good lighting, safety glasses, and a dust collector. After all, the noise made by shop machines ...
- A New Look at Eye Protection
There's really no good excuse for avoiding eye protection in the shop, especially considering the new, comfortable safety glasses, goggles, and face shields on ...
- Video: Safer Cuts with a Riving Knife
This important safety aid is just recently showing up on tablesaws in the U.S. as an alternative to the more common splitter
- Tool Makers Cater to New Trends
Ergonomics, women among the inspirations for new tool designs
- Video: SawStop is Safety Centric
Cabinet Saw's blade-stopping technology aims to save fingers
- A Tablesaw Primer: Ripping and Crosscutting
Proper techniques to help you make accurate and safe cuts
- Tablesaw Splitters and Blade Covers
Standard tablesaw guard systems fall short for Kelly Mehler, and he reviews three add-on splitters and six blade covers to see how convenient, affordable, durable, ...
- Video: Understanding Dust Masks
Choosing the right dust mask ensures safety in the woodshop
- Music for Your Ears
Electronic earmuffs both protect hearing and provide musical entertainment, not just mushy white noise. Fine Woodworking’s Anatole Burkin reviews some that have ...
- Video: Five Minute Guide: How to Use a Tablesaw
Learn how to safely and effectively use your tablesaw to make a variety of cuts