Skills and Techniques Product Finder
- Carbide Mini Turning Tool Set
One of the challenges Of learning to turn wood is learning to sharpen the tools. Traditional turning tools require complicated bevel angles and finely ground cutting ...
- Plane Blades and Chisels Need a Flat and Polished Back
A sharp-cutting plane blade or chisel depends upon the meeting between two flat, polished surfaces. That's why you need to pay as much attention to the backs of ...
- Video: Upgrade Your Jointer with a Segmented Cutterhead
Learn step-by-step techniques for upgrading a jointer with a state-of-the-art segmented cutterhead
- How to Master the Plunge Router
When it comes to getting the most from your plunge router, it makes sense to go a routing guru like Gregory Paolini. He has more routers than most woodworkers, ...
- Video: Dado Jig Tackles Shelves of Any Thickness
Learn how this fully adjustable, easy-to-use jig works
- Q & A: Need a Smoothing Plane? Start Small, Then Go Big
- Video: How to Use a Height Gauge
Learn how to dial in more precise machinery set-ups by using a height gauge.
- Heavy-Duty Plunge Routers
3-hp routers have the raw power needed to cut great mortises, profile edges, shape wood to a template, cut dadoes and rabbets, and more. But because these routers ...
- Q & A: Use a Bench Chisel to Square Mortise Corners
- How to Troubleshoot a Spray Gun
When everything works correctly, a spray gun delivers a thin, even coating of finish that makes furniture look fantastic. But what to do when everything is not ...
- Do More with Your Dado Set
The dado set is a great tablesaw accessory that is unmatched at a variety of operations-grooving, dadoing, rabbeting, and tenoning-but you must use it properly ...
- Joinery Shootout
When designing a piece of furniture, how do you decide on the joinery? Chances are aesthetics, efficiency, and available tools factor into the decision. But so ...
- Q & A: Q&A: Can a Miter-Saw Blade Be Used on a Tablesaw?
- Are You Getting the Most from Your Combo Square?
The combination square is one of those essential tools that no woodworker should be without. Even if you are just starting out as a woodworker, it won't take long ...
- Video: Turning Gouge Primer
Why are there so many different gouges?