Routers get much of their versatility from the wide assortment of bits, guides, and work tables that are available for them. Although many jigs and fixtures can be made in the shop, sophisticated accessories are readily available from a variety of manufacturers.
Router Accessories Product Finder
- Video: Dado Jig Tackles Shelves of Any Thickness
Learn how this fully adjustable, easy-to-use jig works
- Heavy-Duty Plunge Routers
3-hp routers have the raw power needed to cut great mortises, profile edges, shape wood to a template, cut dadoes and rabbets, and more. But because these routers ...
- A Guide to Guide Bushings
A router equipped with a guide bushing is often the simplest way to make accurate and repeatable router cuts. Used with simple shopmade templates, bushings make ...
- Q & A: Jointer Tables Should Be Both Parallel and Flat
- Leigh To Offer New Dovetail Jigs
Less-expensive materials and a slimmed-down feature set keep the price tag low
- Dovetail Jigs
Router dovetail jigs can help you cut strong and attractive dovetails with speed and ease. While the initial set up is often fussy, it takes very little time to ...
- Sorting Out Straight Router Bits
Two flutes or one, spiral or straight, bearing guided? Discover the best bits for any routing task.
- Video: Festool Joinery System Takes on Mortises
New joinery system combines the strength of mortise-and-tenon joints with the ease of a biscuit joiner
- Tool Test: Routers for Router Tables
Mounting a router in a table gives precise control over a wide variety of work, using bits that would otherwise be too big to use safely, and allowing the use of ...
- Video: Basics of a Half-Blind Dovetail Jig
After testing seven popular models, we show you how to set one up to cut drawer dovetails
- Tool Test: Dovetail Jigs
A clean, snug-fitting row of dovetails is a hallmark of fine craftsmanship. That's one reason why there are more than 20 different dovetail jigs on the market, ...
- Video: Top Picks in Dovetail Jigs
Find out the best features to look for when shopping for a router dovetail jig based on our review of 11 popular models
- Video: IWF 2006: Porter-Cable Redesigns The OmniJig
Complete overhaul of design and additional features bring this versatile jig into the 21st century
- Tool Test: Half-Blind Dovetail Jigs
These basic but dependable router jigs deliver half-blind dovetails with fixed spacing
- Woodpecker Router Table is a Good Value
Feature-rich fence and adjustable base make this a good shop addition