- How to Tune Up Any Jointer
There are two keys to a smooth-running jointer: tables that are perfectly parallel and sharp knives that are set to the identical height. A jointer with sagging ...
- Video: Upgrade Your Jointer with a Segmented Cutterhead
Learn step-by-step techniques for upgrading a jointer with a state-of-the-art segmented cutterhead
- Soup Up Your Dust Collector
Everyone agrees that wood dust is a danger, but not everyone can afford the best solution, a cyclone dust collector with state-of-the-art filtration. So what do ...
- Q & A: Level Tablesaw Wings for Better Cuts
- Tool Test: Jointer/Planer Combination Machines
The pool of jointer-planer combo machines has grown in the five years since we tested this machine, which blends a wide jointer with an industrial-strength planer. ...
- Video: Is a Jointer/Planer Combo Machine Right for You?
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of jointer/planer combination machines
- Q & A: Fix a Loose Drill-Press Chuck
- A Revolution in Dust Collection
The trouble with wood dust is that the most dangerous particles—the very fine ones—are the most difficult to collect. Under 10 microns in size, they hang longest ...
- Bottom Line on Segmented Cutterhead Cost
Is the cost of upgrading your planer's conventional cutterheads with a segmented model worth it?
- Segmented Cutterheads Change the Game
One project’s worth of rough lumber is enough to nick and dull the straight, steel knives on your jointer and planer. That's not the case for segmented cutterheads, ...
- Tool Test: HEPA Shop Vacuums
This is an indispensable guide to the most effective and user-friendly shop vacuums on the market. In doing the test, we selected vacuums that come standard with ...
- Video: How to Set Up a Bandsaw
Furniture maker Michael Fortune shows you how to properly set up your bandsaw for flawless cuts, every time
- Used Machines Can Be a Steal
Step up to a bigger, more powerful woodworking machine without spending all your cash. Roland Johnson shows you how to find great deals on used woodworking equipment ...
- Video: How to Use a Height Gauge
Learn how to dial in more precise machinery set-ups by using a height gauge.
- Tool Test: Step Up to a Serious Bandsaw
Adding a riser block to a 14-in. bandsaw does add resaw capacity, but it doesn't provide the additional power needed for big resaw cuts, and it doesn't provide ...