- Video: Radial-Arm Drill Presses
Our exclusive online review examines two benchtop models that offer extra reach and tilting heads
- Left-Tilt vs. Right-Tilt Tablesaws
What's The Difference: Both styles have pluses and minuses relating to safety and accuracy
- Tool Test: Heavy-Duty Lathes
As interest in wood turning has grown, the lathes on the market have grown more sophisticated. Today's crop of heavy-duty lathes typically comes with electronic ...
- Video: Lathes for Turning Big Bowls
See how today's heavy-duty lathes are designed to handle large-scale work from bed posts to big burls
- Video: Jointer/Planer Changeover
See how these combination machines change from one tool to another
- Tool Test: Jointer/Planer Combo Machines
Combination jointer/planers, widely used in Europe but still relatively rare in the United States, maximize shop space. Instead of buying a large, pricey jointer ...
- Head to Head: Midi-Lathes
Light-weight lathes from Rikon and Steel City Tool Works a good size for furniture making
- 8-in. Jointers Under $1,400
Anyone shopping for an 8-in. jointer has plenty of options. Contributing editor William Duckworth tested 11 machines ranging in price from $650 to $1,350, putting ...
- Video: IWF 2006: Grizzly Goes Big With New Tablesaw
Riving knife, 12-in. blade, and 5 HP motor among features on moderately-priced Extreme series cabinet saw
- IWF 2006: Complete Video Coverage
See what new tools manufacturers are rolling out for 2007 in our video coverage from the International Woodworking Fair
- Get the Most From Your Jointer
Straight, flat stock is the foundation of any well-made workpiece. That's why the jointer is such a critical piece of machinery for the shop. But in addition to ...
- Video: IWF 2006: Delta Updates Its Drill Press
Six-inch quill travel and variable speed top features list on two new drill presses for woodworkers
- Video: IWF 2006: Rikon 14-in. Bandsaw
Extra resaw capacity and large table among thoughtful features aimed at woodworkers
- SPECIAL REPORT: New Tools From IWF
Breaking news coverage of the 2006 International Woodworking Fair in Atlanta where tools were the main event
- Steel City Unveils New Tool Line
Upstart machinery maker shows off 20 tools at the International Woodworking Fair in Atlanta