- DeWalt Recalls 13,000 Portable Tablesaws
A problem with the pivot bracket can cause kickback, posing a laceration hazard.
- Tricked-out Powermatic
Retailer offers made-to-order tablesaws
- Video: Video of the New SawStop Contractor Saw in Action
See us put the brakes on the blade and get a tour of the machine’s features
- How much do woodworkers spend on new tools?
A majority laid out $1,000 or more, according to the latest Knots poll.
- Consider a Shaper
Even though routers and shapers perform the same basic functions, there are critical differences. In this article, professional furniture maker J. Speetjens demonstrates ...
- Tool Test: Benchtop Thickness Planers
Over the years, benchtop planers have evolved from crude job-site workhorses to tools that can fill the needs of exacting furniture makers. Nowadays, ergonomics ...
- Tool Test: Hybrid Tablesaws
Until relatively recently, a home woodworker looking to buy a floor-standing tablesaw had just two choices—a contractor’s saw or a cabinet saw. Now there’s a third ...
- Manufacturers Unveil New Tools in Las Vegas
Find out which products snagged our attention at the 2007 AWFS Fair
- Video: A Versatile Sanding Station
A rolling cart features a downdraft table and shop vacs to collect the dust
- New Breed of Bandsaws
The 14-in. bandsaw offers a great blend of price and performance for the small-shop woodworker. Associate editor Tom McKenna looked at eight machines with a minimum ...
- Video: Evaluating a 14-in. Bandsaw
See how we tested these essential shop machines for resaw capacity and general fit and finish
- Tool Test: Benchtop Drill Presses
Do benchtop drill presses have the power and precision a furniture maker needs? This tool review looks at nine models that are at least 1/3 hp and can drill at ...
- Video: Radial-Arm Drill Presses
Our exclusive online review examines two benchtop models that offer extra reach and tilting heads
- Left-Tilt vs. Right-Tilt Tablesaws
What's The Difference: Both styles have pluses and minuses relating to safety and accuracy
- Tool Test: Heavy-Duty Lathes
As interest in wood turning has grown, the lathes on the market have grown more sophisticated. Today's crop of heavy-duty lathes typically comes with electronic ...