- Video: How to Use a Height Gauge
Learn how to dial in more precise machinery set-ups by using a height gauge.
- Tool Test: Step Up to a Serious Bandsaw
Adding a riser block to a 14-in. bandsaw does add resaw capacity, but it doesn't provide the additional power needed for big resaw cuts, and it doesn't provide ...
- Tool Test: Heavy-Duty Benchtop Lathes
We test the new breed of midsize benchtop lathes, which have beefier castings, larger motors, and more swing over the bed than older midi-lathes. For furniture ...
- Q & A: Slow Feed Rate Signals Dull Planer Blades
- Q & A: Two-Speed Bandsaws are Overkill for Woodworking
- Portable Tablesaws
Are benchtop tablesaws a realistic alternative to full-size tablesaws for serious woodworkers and furniture makers? Patrick McCombe tested six new saws from Bosch, ...
- Step Up to Whole-Shop Dust Collection
This article offers a number of tips on setting up a rigid-duct system for home woodshops. Large-diameter, smooth-walled rigid ducting generates less friction than ...
- Q & A: Jointer Tables Should Be Both Parallel and Flat
- Mortisers for All Budgets
Found in almost every pro shop, the mortising machine is also a great time-saver for hobbyist woodworkers. Tim Albers tried out several different types to see which ...
- Joinery Shootout
When designing a piece of furniture, how do you decide on the joinery? Chances are aesthetics, efficiency, and available tools factor into the decision. But so ...
- New Jointer/Planers from Grizzly and Laguna
These 12-in. combo machines can handle almost any board
- Video: Fight Kickback with a Riving Knife
See kickback in action and learn how a riving knife can help prevent it
- New Tools Star in Atlanta
A sampling of new products at the 2008 International Woodworking Fair
- Tool Guide 2009
Free online extras from our newsstand-only publication featuring expert tool reviews, videos, and articles
- DeWalt Recalls 13,000 Portable Tablesaws
A problem with the pivot bracket can cause kickback, posing a laceration hazard.