- Video: Upgrade Your Jointer with a Segmented Cutterhead
Learn step-by-step techniques for upgrading a jointer with a state-of-the-art segmented cutterhead
- Video: Jointer/Planer Changeover
See how these combination machines change from one tool to another
- The Jointer and Planer Are a Team
Armed with both, you can flatten boards to any thickness
- Video: How to Shim a Jointer
Learn how to fix a sagging outfeed table on your jointer
- How to Tune Up Any Jointer
There are two keys to a smooth-running jointer: tables that are perfectly parallel and sharp knives that are set to the identical height. A jointer with sagging ...
- Q & A: Jointer Tables Should Be Both Parallel and Flat
- Joinery Shootout
When designing a piece of furniture, how do you decide on the joinery? Chances are aesthetics, efficiency, and available tools factor into the decision. But so ...
- Tool Test: Jointer/Planer Combo Machines
Combination jointer/planers, widely used in Europe but still relatively rare in the United States, maximize shop space. Instead of buying a large, pricey jointer ...
- 8-in. Jointers Under $1,400
Anyone shopping for an 8-in. jointer has plenty of options. Contributing editor William Duckworth tested 11 machines ranging in price from $650 to $1,350, putting ...
- Get the Most From Your Jointer
Straight, flat stock is the foundation of any well-made workpiece. That's why the jointer is such a critical piece of machinery for the shop. But in addition to ...
- Video: Grizzly Tops Jointer Review
Long table, good fit and finish, earn Grizzly's 8-in. jointer our Best Overall award
- Video: Yorkcraft Jointer a Good Value
Casters and rack-and-pinion fence earn the low-cost Yorkcraft jointer our Best Value award
- Video: 8-in. Jointers
Many jointers look alike, but a closer inspection of the details separate some from the pack
- Tool Test: 6-Inch Jointers
If you are serious about building furniture or cabinets, you need lumber that has at least one straight edge and one flat face. That's what jointers do to boards, ...
- My Five Essential Power Tools
Veteran woodworker Gary Rogowski offers his perspective on how he’d buy machines for his shop if he had to start all over again. This article should help you figure ...