I didn’t want to build it the easy way, so I angled the sides at 88°. This of course caused a whole tail of complications. I got what I asked for. The main wood is cherry and the fronts were veneered with rosewood veneer. I got this from an old carpenter who used to be in charge of building and repairing furniture for our imperial castles. He had still a stack of this veneer, which I immediately bought off him. He still got some very choice pieces in his basement, but I am not telling where to find him !
The drawer runners are doweled into the sides, screws are only used for the hinges and of course the pulls.
The finish consists of three coats of shellac and one of beeswax.
A wardrobe for my daughter to accompany her through her life. In the picture it looks like the doors are not closing properly, but this is not so. The picture had to be taken on uneven ground.
This veneer appears alive, like vains running through. It was quite brittle to work with, but after spraying it with a bit of water, it became more pliable.