This is my first attempt at a lamp. I tried to push some complex joinery in wherever I could. This was probably my most challenging project to date. My hat goes off to all the kumiko guys out there.
Woods are pine, walnut, and reclaimed cedar. The finish is a home brew Linseed oil mix.
I tried to push myself by attempting some complex joinery here. Unfortunately after all the work of cutting this Tasuki kake watari joint none of it ended up being exposed.
By far, working on the lantern proved to be the most time consuming part of this project. However, I am very satisfied with the results.
Working with all these small thin pieces of wood was new to me for this project. It proved to be a challenge, but I think I'm kind of hooked now.