My wife has been wanting an adjustable quilt frame for a long time. I finally got working on it a few months ago. I used scrap wood from left over projects. I used walnut, maple, oak, and knotty alder. I tried to make the entire project out of wood but eventually broke down and used 4 nuts and screws for the angle adjustment. For the first time I mixed up a batch of hand rub polyurethane rub. I put on 4 coats with a sanding with 400 grit paper after the 3rd coat. It hasn’t been used yet but I am hoping the hand made cogs work. This was a real fun project.
The cross piece of oak had a twist in the board. The mortise and tenon are also twisted making each tenon specific for the mortisen.
I cut these cogs by hand. In theory they should work. These are used to keep the quilt tight on the rack.
This quilt fram is large enough to do a king size quilt.