Three years ago, I had a boss whom I regarded as a buffoon. He told me bought a Powermatic table saw. When he told me this, I thought, to myself, that it would be a wonder if he didn't hurt himself. Two weeks later he came to work with his right hand professionally bandaged. He told me that he ran his hand into the blade. I've never come close to putting my hand into the workings of any kind of power tool. I don't see how any company could be held liable for that fool's mistake. If there was a problem with the wiring, and he was electrocuted, then there would be clear liability. But to award damages to a someone who doesn't take basic safety precautions is ridiculous. In the end, such lawsuits make the tools more expensive for all of us.
Subscribe now and save up to 56%
© 2017 The Taunton Press, Inc. All rights reserved.
Become a member and get instant access to thousands of videos, how-tos, tool reviews, and design features.
Start your subscription today and save up to 56%