How to Sharpen a Spokeshave
The Coolest Cutting Board Ever?
Hinge Mortises on the Tablesaw
How to Sharpen Hollow Chisel Mortising Bits
Drawbore Your Mortise-and-Tenon Joinery
Customize Your Router for Centered Mortises
Speed Up Handplane Honing with Your Ruler
Finishing Technique for Greene and Greene Furniture
Capture More Dust from Your Router Table
Smoothing Plane Tips and Techniques
The Essential Tool Chest
Workbench Tool Storage Solutions
A Woodworker's Guide to Grain Direction
Simple Tape Trick for Tight Fitting Through-Mortises
Simple Cabinetry with Pocket Hole Joinery
STL 64: Lie-Nielsen's Epic Open Housecomments (3) July 24th, 2014 in blogs
STL 64: Lie-Nielsen's Epic Open House
This week on Shop Talk Live, Matt Kenney reports on his recent visit to toolmaker Lie-Nielsen's annual open house event. Plus, Ed, Mike, and Matt decide a little "humbling" is in order and cop to their most recent boneheaded shop moves and absurd tool purchases in our regular Smooth Moves and Tool Bombs segments.
And as always, the group dives into the mail bag to answer your woodworking questions.
Every two weeks, a team of Fine Woodworking staffers answer questions from readers on Shop Talk Live, Fine Woodworking's biweekly podcast. Send your woodworking questions to email@example.com for consideration in the regular broadcast!
Also on iTunes Click on the link at left to listen to the podcast, or catch it in iTunes. Remember, our continued existence relies upon listener support. So if you enjoy the show, be sure to leave us a five-star rating and maybe even a nice comment on our iTunes page. And don't forget to send in your woodworking questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive art director
Senior web producer
Listen to Previous Episodes
- Shop Talk Live 63: The Micro-Sized Workshop
- Shop Talk Live 62: Chevrolets for Marquetry?
- Shop Talk Live 61: Mind-Blowing Marquetry
- Shop Talk Live 60: Dumpster Diving for Terrific Tools
- Shop Talk Live 59: No Such Thing as Too Many Tools
- Shop Talk Live 58: Is Woodworking an Art?
- Shop Talk Live 57: Tablesaw Accident Update
- Shop Talk Live 56: James Krenov's Legacy Lives On
- Shop Talk Live 55: Mike's Tool Chest Disaster
- Shop Talk Live 54: Greatest Hits and a Slight Delay
- Shop Talk Live 53: Bitchin' Block Rabbet Planes
- Shop Talk Live 52: A Hit Man in the Workshop
- see all episodes
posted in: blogs, podcast
Save up to 51% on Fine Woodworking
Become a Better Woodworker
ABOUT SHOP TALK LIVE
Fine Woodworking magzine's biweekly podcast, Shop Talk Live, allows editors, authors, and special guests to answer your woodworking questions and connect with the online woodworking community.