Simple Tape Trick for Tight Fitting Through-Mortises
The Coolest Cutting Board Ever?
Mounting Knife Hinges in Curved Doors
Drawbore Your Mortise-and-Tenon Joinery
The Essential Tool Chest
Capture More Dust from Your Router Table
Biscuit Joiner Tips and Tricks
A Woodturner's Guide to Chucks and Jaws
Customize Your Router for Centered Mortises
Bevel-Up Jack Planes are a Workshop Workhorse
Hinge Mortises on the Tablesaw
How to Sharpen Hollow Chisel Mortising Bits
Smoothing Plane Tips and Techniques
Workbench Tool Storage Solutions
Speed Up Handplane Honing with Your Ruler
STL 58: Is Woodworking an Artcomments (4) May 2nd, 2014 in blogs
Shop Talk Live 58: Woodworking's an Art-No it's Not
This week on Shop Talk Live, we duke it out over whether or not furniture-making can be considered a true form of art, and tackle your woodworking questions.
Plus, a listener takes us to task for poo-pooing shapers in a previous episode, and the guys discuss their All Time Favorite Tools of All Time...for this Week. All this and more on an all new Shop Talk Live.
Every two weeks, a team of Fine Woodworking staffers answer questions from readers on Shop Talk Live, Fine Woodworking's biweekly podcast. Send your woodworking questions to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration in the regular broadcast!
Also on iTunes Click on the link at left to listen to the podcast, or catch it in iTunes. Remember, our continued existence relies upon listener support. So if you enjoy the show, be sure to leave us a five-star rating and maybe even a nice comment on our iTunes page. And don't forget to send in your woodworking questions to email@example.com.
Executive art director
Senior web producer
Listen to Previous Episodes
- Shop Talk Live 57: Tablesaw Accident Update
- Shop Talk Live 56: James Krenov's Legacy Lives On
- Shop Talk Live 55: Mike's Tool Chest Disaster
- Shop Talk Live 54: Greatest Hits and a Slight Delay
- Shop Talk Live 53: Bitchin' Block Rabbet Planes
- Shop Talk Live 52: A Hit Man in the Workshop
- Shop Talk Live 51: Used Diapers in the Workshop
- Shop Talk Live 50: Tool Bombs and Colonial Woodworking
- Shop Talk Live 49: Power Tool Power
- Shop Talk Live 48: Guitar God Mike Pekovich
- Shop Talk Live 47: Compromising Photos from FWW
- Shop Talk Live 46: Ed Cuts the Cord--Literally
- Shop Talk Live 45: Taking the Fun Out of Fine Woodworking
- see all episodes
posted in: blogs, podcast
Save up to 51% on Fine Woodworking
Become a Better Woodworker
ABOUT SHOP TALK LIVE
Fine Woodworking magzine's biweekly podcast, Shop Talk Live, allows editors, authors, and special guests to answer your woodworking questions and connect with the online woodworking community.