Speed Up Handplane Honing with Your Ruler
Finishing Technique for Greene and Greene Furniture
Customize Your Router for Centered Mortises
How to Sharpen Hollow Chisel Mortising Bits
Hinge Mortises on the Tablesaw
Workbench Tool Storage Solutions
Drawbore Your Mortise-and-Tenon Joinery
A Woodworker's Guide to Grain Direction
Capture More Dust from Your Router Table
The Essential Tool Chest
How to Sharpen a Spokeshave
Simple Tape Trick for Tight Fitting Through-Mortises
The Coolest Cutting Board Ever?
Smoothing Plane Tips and Techniques
Simple Cabinetry with Pocket Hole Joinery
STL 57: Tablesaw Accident Updatecomments (12) April 18th, 2014 in blogs
Shop Talk Live 57: Tablesaw Accident Update
This week on Shop Talk Live, we get an update on a tablesaw injury allegedly involving a riving knife and learn of a potentially useful medical treatment that every woodworker ought to know about. Is this regenerative wound treatment a potential game-changer when it comes to the deep and serious wounds sometimes suffered by woodworkers? Then, questions for this week inculded steam bending vs. bent lamination, paste wax in your finishing regimen, dealing with pesky glue lines, and more!
Plus, we sit down with Fine Woodworking back cover king Jon Binzen to find out how he picks the artists that grace the magazine's back end, as wel as a few of his own woodworking road stories.
Links from this Week's Show
Every two weeks, a team of Fine Woodworking staffers answer questions from readers on Shop Talk Live, Fine Woodworking's biweekly podcast. Send your woodworking questions to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration in the regular broadcast!
Also on iTunes Click on the link at left to listen to the podcast, or catch it in iTunes. Remember, our continued existence relies upon listener support. So if you enjoy the show, be sure to leave us a five-star rating and maybe even a nice comment on our iTunes page. And don't forget to send in your woodworking questions to email@example.com.
Executive art director
Senior web producer
Listen to Previous Episodes
- Shop Talk Live 56: James Krenov's Legacy Lives On
- Shop Talk Live 55: Mike's Tool Chest Disaster
- Shop Talk Live 54: Greatest Hits and a Slight Delay
- Shop Talk Live 53: Bitchin' Block Rabbet Planes
- Shop Talk Live 52: A Hit Man in the Workshop
- Shop Talk Live 51: Used Diapers in the Workshop
- Shop Talk Live 50: Tool Bombs and Colonial Woodworking
- Shop Talk Live 49: Power Tool Power
- Shop Talk Live 48: Guitar God Mike Pekovich
- Shop Talk Live 47: Compromising Photos from FWW
- Shop Talk Live 46: Ed Cuts the Cord--Literally
- Shop Talk Live 45: Taking the Fun Out of Fine Woodworking
- Shop Talk Live 44: Big Changes for Fine Woodworking
- see all episodes
posted in: blogs, podcast, Tablesaw, accident, krenov, injury, a cell
Save up to 51% on Fine Woodworking
Become a Better Woodworker
ABOUT SHOP TALK LIVE
Fine Woodworking magzine's biweekly podcast, Shop Talk Live, allows editors, authors, and special guests to answer your woodworking questions and connect with the online woodworking community.