How to Sharpen Hollow Chisel Mortising Bits
The Coolest Cutting Board Ever?
Bevel-Up Jack Planes are a Workshop Workhorse
Biscuit Joiner Tips and Tricks
Simple Tape Trick for Tight Fitting Through-Mortises
Drawbore Your Mortise-and-Tenon Joinery
A Woodturner's Guide to Chucks and Jaws
Customize Your Router for Centered Mortises
Speed Up Handplane Honing with Your Ruler
Hinge Mortises on the Tablesaw
Capture More Dust from Your Router Table
The Essential Tool Chest
Smoothing Plane Tips and Techniques
Workbench Tool Storage Solutions
Mounting Knife Hinges in Curved Doors
Shop Talk Live 39: Handplane Hassles and Hardshipscomments (4) August 23rd, 2013 in blogs
Every two weeks, a team of Fine Woodworking staffers answer questions from readers on Shop Talk Live, Fine Woodworking's biweekly podcast. Send your woodworking questions to email@example.com for consideration in the regular broadcast!
Also on iTunes Click on the link at left to listen to the podcast, or catch it in iTunes. Remember, our continued existence relies upon listener support. So if you enjoy the show, be sure to leave us a five-star rating and maybe even a nice comment on our iTunes page. And don't forget to send in your woodworking questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shop Talk Live 39: Handplane Hassles and Hardships
On this week's edition of Shop Talk Live, we break down the reasons for taking the plunge into the world of handplanes and offer a whole host of tips for tuning up a vintage spokeshave (essentially a handplane). Our Audio Shop Stumper is back again this week with a chance to bring home not one prize, but two! Plus, your woodworking questions answered!
Links from this Week's Show
FWW senior editor
Listen to Previous Episodes
- Shop Talk Live 38: Brian Boggs' Brainy Shop Machinery
- Shop Talk Live 37: SawStop Portable in the Works
- Shop Talk Live 36: Definitely a Dovetail Disaster
- Shop Talk Live 35: Legendary Workshops
- Shop Talk Live 34: Bandsaw Master Michael Fortune
- Shop Talk Live 33: Best Bets for Jointer-Planer Upgrades
- Shop Talk Live 32: Vintage Machinery Bargains and Blunders
- Shop Talk Live 31: Ditch That Miter Saw for a Tablesaw
- Shop Talk Live 30: Super-Smooth Handplane Tips
- Shop Talk Live 29: Secrets for Sharp Blades and Perfect Plane Irons
- Shop Talk Live 28: Shocking Confession from a Fine Woodworking Staffer
- Shop Talk Live 27: Million Dollar Woodworker
- see all episodes
posted in: blogs, podcast, handplane, spokeshave, wood bleach
Save up to 51% on Fine Woodworking
Become a Better Woodworker
ABOUT SHOP TALK LIVE
Fine Woodworking magzine's biweekly podcast, Shop Talk Live, allows editors, authors, and special guests to answer your woodworking questions and connect with the online woodworking community.