A Woodturner's Guide to Chucks and Jaws
Hinge Mortises on the Tablesaw
The Essential Tool Chest
Workbench Tool Storage Solutions
Bevel-Up Jack Planes are a Workshop Workhorse
Speed Up Handplane Honing with Your Ruler
How to Sharpen Hollow Chisel Mortising Bits
The Coolest Cutting Board Ever?
Biscuit Joiner Tips and Tricks
Capture More Dust from Your Router Table
Simple Tape Trick for Tight Fitting Through-Mortises
Drawbore Your Mortise-and-Tenon Joinery
Mounting Knife Hinges in Curved Doors
Smoothing Plane Tips and Techniques
Customize Your Router for Centered Mortises
Shop Talk Live 36: Definitely a Dovetail Disastercomments (10) July 12th, 2013 in blogs
Every two weeks, a team of Fine Woodworking staffers answer questions from readers on Shop Talk Live, Fine Woodworking's biweekly podcast. Send your woodworking questions to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration in the regular broadcast!
Shop Talk Live 36: Definitely a Dovetail Disaster
On this week's edition of Shop Talk Live, it's a mano-a-mano battle to the end as Mike Pekovich and Ed Pirnik face off while regular STL contributors Asa Christiana and Matt Kenney sip on champagne coolies during yet another vacation! The guys fess up to some recent woodworking blunders, offer a few cool woodworking technique tips, and answer a variety of your woodworking questions.
Humidity Wreaks Havoc!
Also on this week's show, Mike and Ed discuss a variety of wood movement nightmares, including busted joinery on a dovetailed cabinet, ever-expanding cabinet doors, and more. Learn why it happens, how to prevent it, and how to fix it!
FWW art director
Senior web producer
Listen to Previous Episodes
- Shop Talk Live 35: Legendary Workshops
- Shop Talk Live 34: Bandsaw Master Michael Fortune
- Shop Talk Live 33: Best Bets for Jointer-Planer Upgrades
- Shop Talk Live 32: Vintage Machinery Bargains and Blunders
- Shop Talk Live 31: Ditch That Miter Saw for a Tablesaw
- Shop Talk Live 30: Super-Smooth Handplane Tips
- Shop Talk Live 29: Secrets for Sharp Blades and Perfect Plane Irons
- Shop Talk Live 28: Shocking Confession from a Fine Woodworking Staffer
- Shop Talk Live 27: Million Dollar Woodworker
- Shop Talk Live 26: Workbench Glue-Up Conundrum
- Shop Talk Live 25: Time for a New Monster Workbench?
- Shop Talk Live 24: Wicked Weapon for Terrific Tenons
- see all episodes
posted in: blogs, podcast, wood movement
Save up to 51% on Fine Woodworking
Become a Better Woodworker
ABOUT SHOP TALK LIVE
Fine Woodworking magzine's biweekly podcast, Shop Talk Live, allows editors, authors, and special guests to answer your woodworking questions and connect with the online woodworking community.