Biscuit Joiner Tips and Tricks
Best Tabletop Finish
Five Minute Guide: How to Use a Tablesaw
T-Track is a Smart Workbench Accessory
Fixing Woodworking Mistakes
Five Minute Guide: Glue-Ups
Dedicated Sled Delivers Perfect Finger Joints
Buying and Using Trim Routers
A Woodturner's Guide to Chucks and Jaws
How to Drill Windsor Chair Mortises
Bevel-Up Jack Planes are a Workshop Workhorse
Mounting Knife Hinges in Curved Doors
How to Cut Sliding Dovetail Joints
3 Steps to Great Glue-Ups: Sliding Dovetail Joints
How to Make a Simple Jig for Offset Knife Hinges
The Essential Tool Chest
How to Sharpen a Card Scraper
Shop Talk Live 36: Definitely a Dovetail Disastercomments (10) July 12th, 2013 in blogs
Every two weeks, a team of Fine Woodworking staffers answer questions from readers on Shop Talk Live, Fine Woodworking's biweekly podcast. Send your woodworking questions to email@example.com for consideration in the regular broadcast!
Shop Talk Live 36: Definitely a Dovetail Disaster
On this week's edition of Shop Talk Live, it's a mano-a-mano battle to the end as Mike Pekovich and Ed Pirnik face off while regular STL contributors Asa Christiana and Matt Kenney sip on champagne coolies during yet another vacation! The guys fess up to some recent woodworking blunders, offer a few cool woodworking technique tips, and answer a variety of your woodworking questions.
Humidity Wreaks Havoc!
Also on this week's show, Mike and Ed discuss a variety of wood movement nightmares, including busted joinery on a dovetailed cabinet, ever-expanding cabinet doors, and more. Learn why it happens, how to prevent it, and how to fix it!
FWW art director
Senior web producer
Listen to Previous Episodes
- Shop Talk Live 35: Legendary Workshops
- Shop Talk Live 34: Bandsaw Master Michael Fortune
- Shop Talk Live 33: Best Bets for Jointer-Planer Upgrades
- Shop Talk Live 32: Vintage Machinery Bargains and Blunders
- Shop Talk Live 31: Ditch That Miter Saw for a Tablesaw
- Shop Talk Live 30: Super-Smooth Handplane Tips
- Shop Talk Live 29: Secrets for Sharp Blades and Perfect Plane Irons
- Shop Talk Live 28: Shocking Confession from a Fine Woodworking Staffer
- Shop Talk Live 27: Million Dollar Woodworker
- Shop Talk Live 26: Workbench Glue-Up Conundrum
- Shop Talk Live 25: Time for a New Monster Workbench?
- Shop Talk Live 24: Wicked Weapon for Terrific Tenons
- see all episodes
posted in: blogs, podcast, wood movement
Save up to 52% on Fine Woodworking
Become a Better Woodworker
ABOUT SHOP TALK LIVE
Fine Woodworking magzine's biweekly podcast, Shop Talk Live, allows editors, authors, and special guests to answer your woodworking questions and connect with the online woodworking community.