Customize Your Router for Centered Mortises
Drawbore Your Mortise-and-Tenon Joinery
Smoothing Plane Tips and Techniques
Capture More Dust from Your Router Table
How to Sharpen a Spokeshave
How to Sharpen Hollow Chisel Mortising Bits
Workbench Tool Storage Solutions
The Essential Tool Chest
Hinge Mortises on the Tablesaw
Simple Cabinetry with Pocket Hole Joinery
The Coolest Cutting Board Ever?
Finishing Technique for Greene and Greene Furniture
A Woodworker's Guide to Grain Direction
Simple Tape Trick for Tight Fitting Through-Mortises
Speed Up Handplane Honing with Your Ruler
Shop Talk Live 25: Time for a New Monster Workbench?comments (13) February 7th, 2013 in blogs
Every two weeks, a team of Fine Woodworking staffers answer questions from readers on Shop Talk Live, Fine Woodworking's biweekly podcast. Send your woodworking questions to email@example.com for consideration in the regular broadcast!
Also on iTunes Click on the link at left to listen to the podcast, or catch it in iTunes. Remember, our continued existence relies upon listener support. So if you enjoy the show, be sure to leave us a five-star rating and maybe even a nice comment on our iTunes page. And don't forget to send in your woodworking questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shop Talk Live 25: Time for a New Monster Workbench?
On this week's edition of Shop Talk Live, senior editor Matt Kenney reveals his plans for a second bench to compliment his Monster Workbench, then tangles with senior web producer Ed Pirnik on the merits of boiled linseed oil in a brand new edition of Pins vs. Tails. Plus, Ed, Matt and art director Mike Pekovich answer a variety of questions concerning everything from workbench top glue-ups and bandsaw brakes, to dust collection and conquering wood movement.
In Search of Questions for a Period Furniture Master
This week, Ed Pirnik solicits questions for period furniture pro Philip C. Lowe. We're hoping to catch up with Phil on an upcoming remote podcast interview. Be sure to submit your questions for him in the comments section at the bottom of this blog post.
Links from this Week's Show
FWW art director
FWW senior editor
Senior web producer
Listen to Previous Episodes
- Shop Talk Live 24: Wicked Weapon for Terrific Tenons
- Shop Talk Live 23: Cuba's Forgotten Furniture Masterpieces
- Shop Talk Live 22: Handplane How-To
- Shop Talk Live 21: Tablesaw Tech
- Shop Talk Live 20: Fine Woodworking on Primetime TV
- Shop Talk Live 19: All Time Favorite Techniques of All Time
- Shop Talk Live 18: George Nakashima 2.0
- Shop Talk Live 17: Behind-the-Scenes at Lee Valley Tools
- Shop Talk Live 16: A Lethal Dose of PEG?
- Shop Talk Live 15: Curvy Cabinet Conundrum
- Shop Talk Live 14: Who Needs Half-Blind Dovetails?
- Shop Talk Live 13: Where Christian Becksvoort is Shinin' on Me
- Shop Talk Live 12: Special Guest Nick Offerman
- Shop Talk Live 11: That Sinking Feeling
- Shop Talk Live 10: Handplanes for a Desert Island
- Shop Talk Live 9: Four Finger Swipe
- Episode 8: Just a Splash of Water
- Episode 7: Mike Gets Crickets
- Episode 6: On the Pod
- Episode 5: Compounding Errors
- Episode 4: Dueling Cabinets
- Episode 3: Diminishing Returns
- Episode 2: Beyond the Back Cover
- Episode 1: The Big Debut
- see all episodes
posted in: blogs, WorkBench, podcast, monster-workbench
Save up to 51% on Fine Woodworking
Become a Better Woodworker
ABOUT SHOP TALK LIVE
Fine Woodworking magzine's biweekly podcast, Shop Talk Live, allows editors, authors, and special guests to answer your woodworking questions and connect with the online woodworking community.